|Welcome to LotRO-Wiki!|
Hello, Mastersturm, and welcome to LotRO-Wiki, the Lord of the Rings Online Wiki!
Some useful pointers:
We hope you enjoy editing here!
You've been promoted to Ninja! Thank you for your recent updates to creature pages and various other small updates. You're making the wiki a better place. :) - Elinnea (talk) 17:14, 5 April 2017 (UTC)
- Amazing work this past month! You've been promoted to the rank of Editor. -- Elinnea (talk) 01:33, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- Wow, thank you so much! Though it seems I'm not categorized with the rest of the Editors? I'm only just getting started, but I'm learning new things every day, so I'm getting more efficient for sure! I have many more zones ahead of me! :) -- Mastersturm (talk) 13:30, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
It makes me really happy when somebody works on sprucing up pages for the older locations in the game, so thanks for all the work you're doing!
One note on images though: when you upload them, they should have a category attached. There are details about it here: How to upload an image or icon. Most of the things you're doing will probably be in the various subcategories of Category:Equipment Images and Category:Location Images. Thanks! -- Elinnea (talk) 15:04, 7 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the tips! I'll do this in the future. Is there a way to fix past uploads or can I not modify this post upload? -- Mastersturm (talk)
Pic of that armour exists already, don't bring it back to category page... I'm trying for ages to sort images categories and make templates for them, don't mess it up... Steppenwolf (talk) 04:00, 3 May 2017 (UTC)Steppenwolf
- With all due respet, the dye color on the image you changed it to does not match that of the quest reward Mastersturm (talk)
Your Source for Images
Hey Mastersturm. Great work on all the image updates you've been doing. I greatly appreciate the enthusiasm you're bringing to the task.
- Out of curiosity, what tool are you using to capture the images with a non-black background? I've tried using the "Large Dressing Room" skin  which is nice since it makes for large hi-res captures but it only seems to do a black background which makes for poor contrast for many items. --Gaerlin (talk) 06:31, 25 December 2017 (UTC)
- Hey Gaerlin, thanks! I appreciate all the checks I've noticed you've done on item stats as I upload images for them. It's important we keep even the old content maintained. And I don't use a tool per say, but a ui skin. I'm using the JRR Skins collection  which alongside other things, has a much larger dressing room window. There are several options, with varying color backgrounds, but I use the Eorlingas skin which is Rohan inspired. I'd recommend giving it a shot if you are interested, it's very easy to install since it isn't a plugin. --Mastersturm (talk) 06:52, 25 December 2017 (UTC)
New Discord server
Hey Mastersturm - just a heads up that we have a New Discord server that you may want to join. It's for admins, editors, and users of Lotro-Wiki to chat and discuss topics relating to the Wiki. --Gaerlin (talk) 16:42, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
PaleFolk / Pale-folk
Just saw your changes to the creature template. The naming of PaleFolk was a-typical, but discussed in the past. The reason it was done as was, is because this is how it shows up in the LM inspection. Has that changed?
It's a good idea to make an entry on the creature template talk page before making such changes. Usually people have thought about things like this in the past; especially when it concerns categories that have been around since SoA. Can we discuss this (also with Rogue4ever, who has been involved with this) before continuing to change PaleFolk into Pale-folk? --Ravanel (talk) 16:32, 10 March 2018 (UTC)
- I remember this one specifically and as Rav mentioned - it was based on the LM inspection. In the future we would like changes to the main templates to be discussed first! Even if it's a hey guys I found this: "screenshot of the LM inspection with Pale-folk". Then something like... would this be a good reason to change the template to match? Or something along those lines. Otherwise, if you have no reason and just think it should be Pale-folk maybe ask why it's not that way. Let's start communicating again! Rogue (talk) 17:49, 10 March 2018 (UTC)
- That's fair. I confess, I changed it just because I thought it looked rather odd. Almost like a typo. I wasn't aware it was intentional! I didn't know that LM inspections were how we gathered the species names, I thought that was something we had arbitrarily come up with! Well, know I know this going forward. Sorry. --Mastersturm (talk) 21:23, 10 March 2018 (UTC)
Hi there. I saw you deleted the page Angmarim Warrior (Instance:Eye of Angmar) today. Before you delete a page, please check first if there are any pages linking to that page and correct them. You can find the option ("what links here") under Tools at the left of the website. Your mob still has 3 pages linking to it. Thanks! --Ravanel (talk) 16:39, 14 March 2018 (UTC)