- Previous Talk Page archives can be found at:
file name covers date range Archive 1 May 2011 to August 2011 Archive 2 August 2011 - November 2011 Archive 3 Liquid Threads (LQT) stuff - no data Archive 4 September 2012 - December 2012 Archive 5 January 2013 - December 2013 Archive 6 January 2014 - December 2014 Archive 7 January 2015 - December 2015 Archive 8 January 2016 - December 2016 Archive 9 January 2017 - December 2017 Archive 10 January 2018 - December 2018
- Being the Archive of my Talk page - January 2017 to December 2017
For that page, you may be able to use the copyright notices at the bottom of the Standing Stone Games, LOTRO, and DDO websites. They've all been updated for SSG. — Gestrid (talk) 07:36, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
Are you sure the latest patch was not 19.2.4 as I initially and the launcher state?
Scheduled Server Downtime: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) Friday, January 27th Thu, 26 Jan 2017 22:15:44 +0000 UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you!
The LOTRO Game Servers will be brought down on Friday, January 27th from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release 19.2.4, which addresses some Standing Stone Games transition text. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
- It looks like you are correct. I thought Cordavan "walked back" his numbering to 19.2.3 when explaining why there were no release notes.
- In general, I track all the releases and .3 would have been the next release. User:Magill/Reference-Releases#Update_19:_The_March_of_the_King, but it appears that I missed a "hot fix" on 17 January. - which would have been 19.2.3
- 19.2.3 was another recent no-need-for-release-notes update related to transition text. 19.3 is currently set for early February. ~ Cordovan, Jan 27 2017, 01:59PM (EDT)
- So, looks like there was no notes for 19.2.3 and 19.2.4 was correct and 19.3 will likely be here Monday according to Cordovan on the Livestream Yesterday (2/2/2017 @ 12:00PM EDT). Technical 13 ( t | e | c | h ) 15:47, 3 February 2017 (UTC)
Auto-generetion of item indexes possible?
Working on a more recent version of some item indexes, i find a lot of redundant data. Every item has it’s properties in the database, but for the indexes, for items and their properties a index entry must be written manually. So with every update the difference between the values in the indexes and the correct values grows. Further, there are a lot of items that are not mentioned in the indexes. It will be a lot of work to bring the indexes to a more recent state, and it will be a lot of work with every new update. So i propose an auto-generated index. A plug-in could be written that collects items and their properties from the database and creates an index page from that values. That page could be renewed on a regular basis, or it could be created on-the-fly. A user could select categories, value filters and sorting. That would be a lot of work, too, but only once. At least a part of that work, i could do myself, if given enough time and the proper access rights to the database. --QNo (talk) 11:28, 23 February 2017 (UTC)
- Been fighting the flu last week or two... brain is still foggie.
- Indexes have always been an issue. They are basically a foreign concept to Media Wiki. You can probably create them most easily by using a Bot.
- The Wiki concept assumes "a random walk" -- arriving on a subject via a search engine, not by following through some logical sequence.
- A bot is easy enough to create See: User:Magill#Botting to get started. Programming it to do something useful is like any other programming project - work!
- As far as plug-ins are concerned. I know they exist, but I have virtually zero experience with them. You'll have to see the main Media Wiki website for info and techniques. As I recall, the API is pretty straight forward.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 02:43, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
Hi Magill! I see you've dived right into documenting the anniversary. I was wondering if it would be helpful to separate the scavenger hunt quests from the rest of the anniversary quests, perhaps as a sub-category. They form a self-contained group, similar to the Bingo Boffin quests, and will also be available for a couple months after the end of the official anniversary event. -- Elinnea (talk) 16:43, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
- Sounds like a good idea -- I assume, but don't know yet, that the two will have different "groups" i.e. categories. That will make it easy to track them and just include them as needed.
- GHADS!!! Response from the WIKI is really poor today.
North Ithilien Map co-ords
Hi. The Coords for this map seem a bit off. The locations for treasures do not align. On the live map I get top = 39.6s, and bottom = 67.5s. The .js file has these as 39.5 and 67.3. When you get a chance can you review and update please? Noddi (talk) 14:40, 6 August 2017 (UTC)
- More than a bit!!! Must have been drinking strange fermented berries when I updated that one!
- (of course, SSG may have changed things when the relocted Camp of the Host into the Wastes from North Ithilian.)
- They should be correct now.
Hey Magill. I want to compliment you for all your work on Mordor. You've done so much! I would ask, though: could you follow the wiki naming rules for new deed pages? See Template talk:Deed#Use of (Deed). Thanks! --Ravanel (talk) 10:09, 25 September 2017 (UTC)