Update 24.2 - Tuesday August 6, 2019
Index to all release notes
Update 24.2 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 24.2, released on Tuesday, August 6th.
Of Special Note:
Interlude: Shades in the Swamp
Darkness has fallen upon the Vales of Anduin, and Gandalf needs your help to safeguard the Woodmen and Beornings who live nearby. This new on-ramp for owners of the Black Book of Mordor allows you to pick up the story with Gandalf inside the Beorninghús, and serves as a prologue for adventures to come in Imlad Morgul! This content is available as part of the purchase of the Vales of Anduin quest pack, and free to VIPs. Players who already own the Vales of Anduin will automatically have the content unlocked for them.
Shades in the Swamp: The Path to Gladdenmere
A rock slide in the Vales of Anduin has opened up the Gladdenmere high above the Gladden Fields. Radagast now seeks answers to the mysterious shades encroaching upon the low-lands from that mysterious mountain lake. For those who have completed the adventures in the Vales of Anduin, visit any major landmark to begin your journey to the Gladdenmere.
New Fellowship Instance: The Depths of Kidzul-kâlah (Coming Soon)
A flooded dwarf fortress, a mysterious Maid, a darkness in the depths. Do you have what it takes to defeat the monster within the mines? This Instance will arrive to the live worlds in the near future. Stay tuned for more information.
This instance will be available in Solo, Duo, and 6-player Modes, with 3 tiers of difficulty to challenge Fellowships!
Scion Difficulty System
The Scion difficulty system allows players to select an Instance difficulty ranging between Tier 1 and Tier 5 that adds particularly challenging enemies along with occasional new mechanics along with new rewards! Scion-buffed enemies can appear starting at Tier 4, and higher tiers have a higher chance for Scions to appear. Opening any boss chest above Tier 1 will result in the items being generated with a higher item level bonus. Opening a final boss chest above Tier 4 results in a chance for special epic gear to appear. This gear is not filtered by class, and can be traded within the fellowship after it appears. Difficulty tiers 4 and 5 are available in the Grey Mountains Instances.
News and Notes:
- Captain Skill and Effect progressions have been normalized.
- Many skill execution and animation times have been shortened.
- Most heals have had their magnitude increased.
- Most damage skills have had their magnitude increased.
- Revealing Mark has been adjusted to now place a triggered area of effect on the target. The effect is triggered by any skill attack pulsing a 4% heal within 15 meters up to once every five seconds.
- Words of Courage is now primarily a heal over time effect with a 30s duration.
- Grave Wound has had its base cooldown reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.
- Valiant Strike has had its base cooldown reduced from 30 to 15 seconds, and its healing over time component increased in intensity but reduced in duration.
- Muster Courage has had its cooldown reduced from 20 to 10 seconds.
- Kick has had its cooldown reduced from 20 to 10 seconds.
- Battle-shout has had its cooldown reduced from 20 to 15 seconds.
- Standard of Honor's pulse rate has been lowered, but its healing pulse magnitude has been increased.
- Fighting Withdraw's parry bonus has been reduced from 60% to 40%, its cooldown reduced from 120 seconds to 60 seconds, and its duration reduced from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Strength in Numbers has been redesigned. It now applies a single tiering healing effect based on the number of allies nearby. The associated trait now grants a bonus to this value..
- Fixed an issue where the healing magnitude of Banner of Honour was incorrect.
- Cry of Vengeance can no longer be used while moving.
- Steeled Resolve now provides its correct +2/4/6/8% Maximum Morale bonus.
- Elendil's Fury no longer provides a defeat event, but instead provides a large damage bonus when it has a full stack.
- An array of Elvish Captain heralds and archers has been added.
- Herald and Archer damage, morale, and mitigation has been increased.
- Last Stand now heals a base 20% of maximum Morale.
- Devastating Attack damage has been increased significantly.
- Noble and Telling Mark now have a three second cooldown. Revealing Mark now has a five second cooldown.
- Blade of Elendil now does base Light damage, and can now no longer miss, or be BPE'd.
- Fury of Elendil no longer provides a light damage effect, and now instead makes Blade of Elendil a taunt skill.
- Standard of Valour and Standard of Honour have had their buffs reduced to a maximum of 20%.
- A new tier of essences called Gladdenmere Essences is now available for crafting.
- Fixed an issue with the Silverback Badger cosmetic pet that could cause a crashing issue.
- Gear that appears in the Grey Mountains three and six-person instances can now only receive a single random item level bump rather than up to five, however the guaranteed item level increase for each difficulty tier has been increased.
- Corrected an issue where Anvil of Winterstith Tier 3 package items were displaying the incorrect item level during selection.
- The following Grey Mountains Instance rewards chests now offer an additional favored completion each week which can be used at tier 3, tier 4, or tier 5: Thruglok's Mithril Chest, Gast Nûl's Mithril Chest, Hrithkól's Mithril Chest, Askurth's Mithril Chest, Etterfang's Mithril Chest, Karkasht Crow-feeder's Mithril Chest, Frór's Mithril Chest, Athramóth's Mithril Chest, and Karazgar's Mithril Chest.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Fixed a stuck spot at the Beorninghús.
- Corrected a death spot in Bree-town.
- Fixed an issue where the cave entrance in western Angmar would not display correctly.
- Anvil of Winterstith - Hrímil Frost-heart Encounter - The fight will now end as soon as any player teleports back outside after escaping Hrímil. Increased the deed completion grace period by 30 seconds.
- Skirmishes: The Herbalist's 'Ultimate: Words of Healing' skill healing has been increased slightly at trait ranks 45-50.
- An invisible wall in Malvang has been removed.
- Fixed a buried Ore Node in the Lonelands.
- Fixed a stuck spot in Lulstrok.
- A "death rock" in Gladdenmere has been fixed.
- Travel routes in Mordor now display as being in Mordor.
- Virtue trait display stats now use the level-based cap rather than the maximum cap.
- Removed the recently added vendor Sell All button confirmation dialog. The existing buyback overflow warning sufficiently prevents players from accidentally selling items that cannot be reclaimed.
- Corrected an issue where the Mithril Coin verification dialog for Stable-master travel would close after all destinations finished loading.
- Housing vendor and housing for sale sign buttons dynamically update to reflect Mithril Coin balance updates.
- Added house owner or kinship owner to each housing entry on the housing info panel.
- Added tooltips to various housing panel buttons.