The Flaming Deeps (Deed)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Explore the Flaming Deeps of Moria.
To complete this deed perform the following objective(s)
- Anazârmekhem stands as the gatehouse to the Flaming Deeps. While its purpose long ago was mainly a matter of governance, its purpose now is as a rallying point for the dwarf-expedition as it reaches into the lowest caverns of Moria.
- Travellers passing from the Water-works into the Flaming Deeps must descend the great Burning Stair. Once the flames were kept tame and well-confined within the furnaces and forges of the dwarves of Khazad-dûm, but under the brutal care of the Orcs, the waters here have become contaminated with foul oils and sulphur, and gouts of fire may leap from every chasm and by-way.
- The Crossroads of Ash -- once it was a great light at the centre of the vast dwarf-forges -- now its light is overwhelmed by the ruddy burning hue of flames and the eternal black pall of soot that hangs over everything here.
- Dwarf-legends speak of the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves, whom they claim awoke from the stone first among all the people of Middle-earth -- though the Elves claim that they were the first to walk beneath the stars. Here the seven fathers have been immortalised in a vast work of stone-craft.
- Hadad-mezer was renowned amongst the dwarves as one of the greatest workshops of Moria. From these forges came some of he finest works of smith-craft that the world shall ever see.
- Hurmulkezer once stood as the palace of an ancient dwarf-lord of Moria, though his name has now been lost from the pages of history. Now it stands as a bastion of corruption and evil from which Orc-captains oversee the labours of their minions and slaves in the hot forges of the Flaming Deeps.
- The gates of Hudnul-meden are said to have sealed away some of the most well-protected vaults of the dwarves in ancient days, but the old texts are not clear on whether they were meant to keep thieves and intruders out, or something else in ...
|10 LOTRO Points|
|2000 Virtue Experience|
|Increased Reputation with Iron Garrison Miners ( 500 )|
- This deed contributes to the Explorer of Khazad-dûm meta-deed.