I am wondering if I should change the format of this index to a simple table and remove the property query. I had thought the semantic wiki properties would grow to be a highly utilized function but that doesn't seem to be the case. A simple table would most likely be easier to keep up-to-date than continually adding the properties to new mounts as they get introduced. Its possible to add the property creation into the mount template itself, but as it doesn't seem to be a widely used feature here on the wiki its probably best to just leave it be.
Any objections before I 'table-ize' the information and remove the to-be useless property tags on the relative pages?
- Table finished, will find the hanging properties momentarily. Text hover image pop up would be great but not sure how to implement so if someone does feel free to add that feature. --Savi (talk) 22:10, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- I don't know if Elinnea or Sethladan might have any ideas. My only "guess" would be use "Item Tooltip" template as a baseisis -- but when you say "scaled down" I assume you mean displaying the "File" image in "icon size?" Keep in mind that can be done with the File parameter, so, in theory, it can be done, I just don't know how.
- Just realized Template:Tooltip Coords does EXACTLY what you want to do! It takes the MAP image and generates a pop-up at a reduced size.
- The Coordinates, I think, are the only "cute stuff."
- He also has this, but I have no idea what it was written for, never used that I know of: User:Eleazaros/tagger.js
- He lists some?all? of his stuff here: User:Eleazaros/Tools
- (User:Eleazaros was a very active editor when lotro-wiki was created, but hasn't been around for quite a while now.)
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 00:32, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
- Trying to wrap my head around it all but the coding itself is beyond me at this point. I tried just using the current code with a different image but it appears the coding takes whatever variable you input for the image and adds an automatic _map.jpg to it. Not sure if there is way to escape this auto add manually on this index page or not. --Savi (talk) 15:29, 10 December 2013 (UTC)