Talk:Men of Bree
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Any questions? -- apparently posted by Goldenbeard 2010-11-15 19:22:01
- Eventually the kinship should get a separate page; at the moment this is too much text about the kinship and makes it inappropriately prominent. A typical disambiguation sentence would be something like:
- This page describes the reputation faction. For the kinship, see Men of Bree (kinship)
- I refrained from making this edit because I know too little about the kinship and think something more than the current paragraph is needed for such a page. David 10:51, 20 November 2010 (EST)
- I removed the kinship information from this article and placed it on Men of Bree where it more appropriately belongs. If it ends up back on this page there will be retribution. There was a reason for its removal, as it was inappropriate for the reputation article. Rogue 11:28, 20 November 2010 (EST)
The kinship now has a separate page, I followed your suggestion. Thank you. -Goldenbeard
- I moved the disambiguation text to a less prominent location, the initial text is pretty straight forward as-is. The initiative is good though :) --Zimoon (talk) 07:04, 7 September 2011 (EDT)
- Before starting an edit-war on this I want to say that I completely disagree.
- Reason: Staring with one bit we may soon end up with similar things on many other pages, people want their tidbits topmost of a page. :::With all due respect for the kinship as such, and while I understand the reason for disambiguating the page, it may as well be thought of as hidden advertisement by some other players.
- If there is any reason to stress that this particular page is about the reputation with the name Men of Bree, then rephrase the initial section so that is made uttermost clear. But move back the mention of kinship to a less prominent place. Just now that line is but a confusing information for any ignorant visitor and we have absolutely no reason to confuse anybody with superfluous information, do we? --Zimoon (talk) 14:54, 7 September 2011 (EDT)
- I removed the disambiguation text from this page. First of all, disambiguation texts should always be on top of a page. The next question is if we really need a disambiguation text here. The answer is no. Nobody will look at this page and wonder "huh, is this page not about the kinship page?" If anything, people might end up at the kinship page and wonder if it's not about the reputation faction. People looking for the kinship page will find it without problems by using the searchbox (while typing, "Men of Bree (kinship) will pop up as option) or by looking at their server's kinship list. I hope everyone can agree to this solution. --Ravanel (talk) 18:52, 7 September 2011 (EDT)