Can we use this template also for Passive skills like Characteristic? I'm going to add the Stats skills, like Will: Rank 1... Or should we use the old "Infobox Skill" for those?? --Tiberivs 12:56, 20 November 2010 (EST)
- All skills will be converted to the new template. :) Rogue 02:36, 21 November 2010 (EST)
I have walked over the create-new pages and also the Create new skill, trying to play the ignorant new-comer (assuming some basic knowledge of the game though). So, this boilerplate had a clean-copy already, and a commented one. On the comments I applied some kind of uniform style on the form
blank or ..., e.g. ... or mandatory-content, e.g. ...
The more uniform and consistent style the easier an editor finds the information. Whether it is the best or not may probably constitute for a lengthier discussion, let us keep that at the forum or somewhere, but apply the result on all boilerplates.
Remember that boilerplates also go into the create-new-x in full. <noinclude>, <includeonly> and <onlyinclude> does not work as expected with the preloading stuff for the create-new feature. Thus the boilerplates need special caution at this point.
Now the real cause for this post: I am not perfectly skilled with Skills, so...
WANTED: review of the comments .. accuracy and examples (e.g. Accuracy +5).
I have tested some parameters for result but I am not always sure of the in-game source/reason for them.
On a side note: is not the Skill template too all-embracing? Which gives too many parameter options? As a suggestion:
- boil it down to just the mandatory parameters
- make all others to take a COLOR parameter and then text (which can be a number) that is displayed as is
- for each parameter that adds to a category, name it specially, such as class1=Burglar --> C:Burglar Skills
- for all others, give them a generic name such as line1, line2, etc.
class1 = Burglar --> [[Category:Burglar Skills]] line1 = Cyan | Drain Zimoon's Breath: -100% --> "Drain Zimoon's Breath: -100%" tinted in cyan
Any thoughts about removing the bold from effect links? Sethladan 20:18, 10 November 2011 (EST)
- What bold? I don't see it in the boilerplate, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Was it there before? I see no reason why it should be bold - the link already changes the color, so it stands out from the sentence enough. -- Elinnea (talk) 20:52, 10 November 2011 (EST)
- -blink blink- So it's not there, hahah. Okay. Never mind! And I can't even use sleepiness as an excuse this time. Thanks! :) Sethladan 21:05, 10 November 2011 (EST)