- Coming close enough to a Superior Study this effect will be applied to a Scholar.
- As of Update 11: Treachery of the White Hand, LOTRO adjusted ALL crafting facilities to be used as regular and superior across the world. All non-unique facilities have had the word 'Superior' removed from their names.
- A Superior Study is required for Scholars who are using recipes from Artisan level and above, see index. Scholar levels inferior of Artisan do not need a Study but these are, however, found throughout the Middle-earth, reminding of a time when Scholars needed them.
- To be able to use a Superior Study you must complete two quests and be granted Superior Study Access. When you have completed the first tier of the Expert Scholar tier, visit any Novice Scholar. Notice that nothing hints about this requirement except that no XP is obtained any more, and neither can you begin to use any recipes of the next tier as expected. See Scholar for quests and NPCs.
- A Study is not required by Scholars for their crafting. You may find a Study in many locations, consider them scenery attires as Scholars require only a Superior Study.
- A Gondorian Study (Superior Study) may be purchased in the in-game Lotro Store for installation at your Personal House or Kin house.
- This study can be placed in a Small Yard or Large Furniture Hook to allow you to perform Scholar crafting at your house.
|Bree South Gate||Bree-land|
|Bree West Gate||Bree-land|
|Three-farrow Crafting Hall||Bree-land|
|Mathom-house||The Shire||Acquaintance with The Mathom Society|
|Higher level regions|
|The Hall of Making||Enedwaith|
|Stangard||The Great River|
|The Vineyards of Lórien||Lothlórien|
|Crafting Hall of Ost Galadh||Mirkwood|
|Crafting Bunker, Twenty-first hall||Moria|
|Elrond's Library||The Trollshaws|
|Scholar's Guild-hall||The Trollshaws|
(This page is obsolete - all crafting stations are superior.)