- Shared Storage is Vault space that is shared between all characters on your account on the same server.
- It allows all your characters on the same server and account to store and retrieve items from this shared storage space.
- You can access your Shared Storage directly from the Vault-keeper's menu or by clicking on the icon at the top of the Character Vault or Wardrobe panels.
- Notice that items that are bound to a character can be stored in the Shared Vault, however, they can only be retrieved by the character which is their owner.
- A check box at the bottom of the vault display will hide those items bound to other characters from your view.
- "Unique" or "quest" Items cannot be stored either in your character's personal vault or shared storage.
- TIP: Housing Storage can also be used for sharing and/or transferring items between all characters on the same server with access to your house, not just those associated with your account!
- Shared Storage must be purchased but is available to all account types: VIP, Premium and Free to Play.
- Historical Note: Purchasers of the LOTRO Adventurer’s Pack (Siege of Mirkwood expansion pre-sale) got 2 extra character slots and 20 slots of shared bank storage. (This option is no longer available).
- The first "upgrade" adds 20 slots to the shared storage space, each subsequent upgrade adds 10 slots.
- All upgrades must be purchased from the Lotro Store
- Only one Vault Upgrade is available at any given time - they cannot be purchased out of order, and they cannot be purchased all at one time. If you have purchased Upgrade I, then you will see Upgrade II available in the store. After you purchase Upgrade II, then you will see Upgrade III available.
- NOTE: You MUST open your in-game vault at least once prior to purchase of any upgrade.
As of Update 21.2, the maximum amount of Shared Storage available at the LOTRO Store is 300 slots, which are account-wide and permanent.
Note: With the purchase of Mordor Ultimate your account gains 10 extra slots, for a total of 310.