Sea of Núrnen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mordor’s great inland sea
|:: The content of this section is based upon the Official Lore Entry in the LOTRO Lorebook (no longer on-line).|
- The great inland sea that lay in the region of Nurn in the south of Mordor, around which the slave-farms of Sauron were built.
- Also known as Lake Núrnen.
- A vast lake or inland sea that lay in the southern central regions of Mordor, fed by four rivers that ran down from the mountain ranges surrounding the Dark Land. Around the shores of the lake were Sauron's slave-farms, where provisions for his vast armies were produced. After Sauron's defeat in the War of the Ring, Aragorn released the slaves that worked those farms, and granted them the land around Lake Núrnen as their own.
- Note that the area is currently (as of Update 23) not accessible in-game.