"It is a day of unity for Durin's Folk as we gather to celebrate our triumph over Sauron, welcome new allies from Mordor, and honour the return of old friends."
King Thorin III has planned a great celebration for the dwarves of Durin's Folk.
King Thorin III is standing before his throne in the Hall Under the Mountain.
At King Thorin's request, you have come to attend a great feast and celebration in Erebor.
- King Thorin III: 'It is a day of great celebration for Durin's Folk, <name>. All around us the halls of Erebor echo with laughter and merriment!
- 'As well they should! This day, we honour our friends and our kin, and we proclaim our victory over the Enemy and those that followed him.
- 'Come, my friend. Let us join the others at my table!'
- Listen to King Thorin
- Attend the Feast of Durin's Folk with King Thorin
King Thorin's feasting table can be found on the landing before his throne in the Hall Under the Mountain.
You should attend the Feast of Durin's Folk with King Thorin.
- King Thorin III says, "Walk with me, <name>."
- King Thorin III says, "Although my folk celebrate all around us, I have prepared a special feast for my honoured guests."
- King Thorin III says, "This day we honour the dwarves of Thorin's company, those that battled the Enemy, those we hold in friendship, and those we have lost."
- King Thorin III says, "Each of them has served Durin's Folk honourably, and you are no exception."
- King Thorin III says, "All have earned a seat at my table...."
- King Thorin III says, "And this is your seat, my friend."
- King Thorin III says, "It was crafted in the time before Smaug came to Erebor, but now he is gone and still it remains."
- King Thorin III says, "Take a look at it, if you wish."
- King Thorin gestures to the end of the table...
- Inspect the seat King Thorin has chosen for you
Your seat can be found next to Dwalin at the leftmost end of the table.
King Thorin has offered you a seat at his table, and you should now inspect it as King Thorin asked.
- STONE-WROUGHT CHAIR "A stone-wrought chair of Erebor."
- Examining ...
- This stone-wrought chair bears few marks of age, and appears surprisingly comfortable...
King Thorin is standing beside his table in the Hall Under the Mountain.
You have inspected the chair King Thorin chose for you, and you should now speak to King Thorin.
- King Thorin III: 'It is a fine work, is it not? I did not choose it for you on a mere whim!'
- King Thorin glances at the remaining empty seats at his table.
- 'Ah, but a few of my guests are still absent. I sent word to Spakorth and his warriors, but I do not know if they understood my meaning. I am certain they are about in the Hall, but I wish for them to join me at my table. Spakorth and his kin are our new friends and allies, and I would not deny them a warm welcome in Erebor.
- 'Would you seek out Spakorth and his kin? Send them here, and we shall soon be able to begin our feast!'
The Stout-axes can be found somewhere among the celebrations in the Hall Under the Mountain.
King Thorin III has asked you to find Spakorth, Dréri, and Náth in Erebor and offer them an invitation to join the King Under the Mountain at his table.
- Spakorth, Dréri, and Náth appear to have joined Durin's Folk in the celebration!
Spakorth can be found among the revellers in the Hall Under the Mountain.
You have found Spakorth, Dréri, and Náth and should now request that they join King Thorin at his table.
- Ambassador Spakorth: 'Oh! <name>, how good it is to see you!
- 'It has been quite the celebration already, don't you think? I have never heard such songs or seen such...dances, but I am pleased to be welcome among Durin's Folk. Do you wish to join us?'
- You inform Spakorth that he, Dréri, and Náth have been summoned by the King Under the Mountain and have been granted seats at his table.
- 'Of course we accept his invitation! It would be a great honour to feast with King Thorin, and to thank him again for the kindness he has shown my people.
- 'Dréri! Náth! Come with me!'
- Ambassador Spakorth says, "Dréri! Náth! That's enough dancing for now!"
- Ambassador Spakorth says, "Did you not hear me? We must go! The King Under the Mountain has summoned us!"
- Dréri says, "Náth! Did you hear Spakorth? Come with us!"
- Náth says, "Oh, fine! I am sorry to leave you, my friends, but I will return!"
- Return to your seat at the Feast of Durin's Folk
You have summoned the Stout-axes to the Feast of Durin's Folk, and you should now return to your seat at King Thorin's table.
- Glóin tries to get your attention!
- Glóin says, "<name>, would you come over here?"
Glóin can be found at King Thorin's table in the Hall Under the Mountain.
You have returned to King Thorin's table, but just as you were about to take your seat, Glóin tried to get your attention. You should speak to him.
- Glóin: 'Hail, <name>!
- 'I am glad to see you here at our table. You are a fine adventurer and ever a friend to those in need, and your presence here is well-earned. You are not unlike my Gimli, except you were courteous enough to attend at the time King Thorin requested.
- 'I know Gimli is here in the Hall, but I have not seen him in some time. I think he has gone off with Dori and Nori, but who can say? Will you find him and send him here? For that matter, send Dori and Nori as well!
- 'We cannot wait all day to begin the feast!'
- Find Gimli, Dori, and Nori and send them to the Feast of Durin's Folk
Gimli, Dori, and Nori can be found somewhere in the Hall Under the Mountain.
Glóin has asked that you find Gimli, Dori, and Nori and send them to join the Feast of Durin's Folk at King Thorin's table.
- Amid the din of the Feast of Durin's Folk, Gimli is speaking to Dori and Nori in hushed tones...
Gimli, Dori, and Nori can be found on the upper level of the Hall Under the Mountain.
You have found Gimli, Dori, and Nori and should now urge them to attend the Feast of Durin's Folk at King Thorin's table.
- Gimli: 'Oh, <name>, I did not realise we had been speaking for so long!
- 'You see, I have been talking to Dori and Nori about my adventures, and I had just mentioned the book I had discovered in the halls of Khazad-dûm. It concerns their brother, Ori, and Balin's expedition, but I should not tell such stories on a day of celebration. It is not the time for such things....
- 'We shall go to join the King Under the Mountain at his table at once! All of this talk has made me hungry!'
- Gimli says, "Aye, that's enough tales for now. Let's not keep King Thorin waiting!"
King Thorin III can be found at his table in the Hall Under the Mountain.
You have found all the missing dwarves and should now return to King Thorin III and attend the Feast of Durin's Folk.
- King Thorin III: 'Thank you for gathering my folk, <name>. There is little sense in having a feast if there is no one with which to share it.
- 'This is a fine assemblage of friends and kin, but one of my guests has still not arrived. It was he I hoped to see most of all, for his long absence from his people should be ended.
- 'Let us wait just a few more moments more on his arrival, and then we shall begin the feast.'
- Await the arrival of King Thorin's final guest
King Thorin III was hoping that one more dwarf would attend the Feast of Durin's Folk, but he is uncertain when or if he will arrive.
You should wait with King Thorin III.
- King Thorin III says, "It seems that one of our guests has not yet arrived."
- King Thorin III says, "You have been patient, my friends, but let us wait a moment longer on his behalf."
- Disappointed that his guest must not be coming, King Thorin shuffles impatiently and begins to speak...
King Thorin III is giving a speech to the dwarves of Durin's Folk in attendance.
You should listen to King Thorin III.
- King Thorin III says, "Well, I...suppose we have waited long enough."
- King Thorin III says, "Before we begin, I would like to thank each of you for honouring me with your presence."
- King Thorin III says, "Durin's Folk know peace once more, and Erebor is--"
- King Thorin III says, "What is this?"
- King Thorin's speech is interrupted by frantic shouting echoing through the Hall Under the Mountain!
- Witness the arrival of King Thorin's final guest
Frantic shouting has interrupted King Thorin's speech to the dwarves of Durin's Folk.
You should remain alert and witness the arrival of whoever has been shouting.
- Frithgeir says, "Hail, King Under the Mountain!"
- Frithgeir says, "The journey was long, but we came as swiftly as we could!"
- King Thorin III says, "I am sorry I do not recognise you, my friend, but who is your companion?"
- Nár shuffles up the stairs to greet King Thorin III...
King Thorin III is speaking to the dwarves of Durin's Folk and welcoming Nár back to Erebor.
You should listen to King Thorin III and Nár.
- King Thorin III says, "Nár!"
- King Thorin III says, "You have travelled far, indeed. From the distant coomb of Thrór to our home in Erebor."
- King Thorin III says, "You have borne our old exile from Erebor as a burden of your own, and that is now ended."
- King Thorin III says, "It is my honour to welcome you to our halls. Will you and your companion join us for our feast, old friend?"
- Nár says, "Old, indeed! You look quite young for your age, King Thorin!"
- Nár says, "Yes, I think a meal is just the thing."
- King Thorin III says, "Have a seat, old friend. There will be time enough for talk later!"
- King Thorin III beckons you to his side...
- Talk to King Thorin III
King Thorin III is standing beside his table in the Hall Under the Mountain.
All of King Thorin's guests have arrived, and now the feast can begin. You should talk to King Thorin.
- King Thorin III: 'It brings me great joy to see the many dwarves of Durin's Folk and our kin from the East united as one. If we do not recognise and celebrate such times of peace, it is certain they will be lost to us evermore.'
- King Thorin III pauses for a moment.
- 'Ah...I have spoken enough! Let us share in this feast together!'
- King Thorin III: 'Enough talk! Let us eat, <name>!'