"Thane Arcil and Éothain have gathered in the Mead Hall of Aldburg to state their cases and weigh the options that will afford the most benefit to Aldburg."
A small assembly from Aldburg have gathered to discuss how to handle the Orc problems that have plagued the Eastfold of late.
Arcil, Éothain, and others have gathered to discuss the next course of action for Aldburg.
You should speak with Arcil.
- Arcil: 'I am pleased that you could join us, <name>.
- 'We are about to decide how we should proceed with our new-found Orc problem. Since you have encountered both of these Orc-tribes, I wanted you present for this conversation.'
The people of Aldburg have come together to decide how best to deal with the two Orc-tribes that have been causing trouble of late.
You should observe the discussion.
- Arcil says, "<name>, thank you for joining us here for dinner."
- Arcil says, "Éothain and I need to resolve our disagreement on the issue of the Orcs, and we were hoping that you could mediate and help us decide the best course of action."
- Arcil says, "I will allow Éothain an opportunity to speak first. Please, state your side, cousin of Éomer."
- Éothain says, "First, let me say, while we may have had our disagreements, I appreciate you allowing me this time."
- Arcil says, "Of course, Éothain. I know we have not always seen eye-to-eye, but I do respect your opinions when it comes to matters of strategy."
- Éothain says, "Very well. I have seen the treachery and destruction the White Hand is capable of."
- Éothain says, "We are vulnerable here in Aldburg, and if we do not defeat them soon, their number may grow beyond our reckoning."
- Arcil says, "I agree; however, this group of White Hand Orcs might very well be all that remains of a larger group, posing very little threat."
- Arcil says, "The other Orc-tribe troubles me because we know nothing about them. Their number may be great enough to overpower us all."
- Éothain says, "I am not suggesting that we simply ignore them, but we should focus upon the White Hand."
- Éothain says, "I have seen firsthand what they are capable of. If you value Aldburg and its inhabitants, you will do the right thing!"
- Arcil says, "How dare you question my dedication to Aldburg and its people? The reason that we are discussing this at all is due to my dedication."
- Arcil says, "I want to do the right thing for our grand city and protect the people at the same time. I can see that we are not going to agree upon a course of action."
- Éothain says, "You are right... we are not going to. I believe that I have had enough of this bitter food. I believe this dinner is over."
Both Arcil and Éothain stated their case about which Orc-tribe poses the greatest threat.
You speak with Arcil once again.
- Arcil: 'I am afraid that nothing was settled. We each presented our cases, but both of these groups pose a potentially great threat. We need to see that they are both dealt with swiftly.'
- Completed: Instance: Aldburg Convenes
- Arcil: 'I think that we have discussed this quite enough for one night, <name>.'