'Yes, very well, if you wish to make yourself helpful, do not let me stop you. We will not rest here for long, but I would welcome the chance to adjust the contents of these satchels. They have settled uncomfortably and caused me some discomfort while we walked.
'If you unpack that bag for me I will rearrange the contents while we rest. But expect no thanks for it, <race>.'
As long as you are travelling with Imák, you might as well try to get along with the bristly Stout-axe.
- Help Imák unpack his belongings
Imák has asked you to help him unpack some of the belongings he brought with him from Skarháld.
- You help Imák unpack some of his belongings
A small coffer among Imák's belongings has drawn your attention.
- 'Oi! Leave that alone!' Imák barks at you
Imák is very cross with you.
- Imák: 'Not that one! Can you not follow instructions? Leave that coffer be, <race>, for that is no business of yours! Poking around in my things like a common brigand! Bah!'
- Imák throws his hands into the air.
- 'No, it is fine, <name>. I should have said something first. That coffer contains a number of keepsakes, mere curios, really, but they are objects of some sentimentality for me. They remind me of friends and family less fortunate than I am. Some were not able to escape from Mordor, and others knew freedom for only a short time.
- 'Listen, <name>, I am sorry I yelled at you. I am a little on edge because my nose is telling me there are wargs about. No, it is true; my sense of smell is very acute. If my nose says there are wargs a-hunting nearby, then wargs nearby are a-hunting! Search for tracks to the south-east and tell me it is not so! It is the least you can do after disturbing my privacy as you have done.'
- Find and defeat the hunting warg Imák claims he can smell
Imák says he can smell wargs prowling about to the south-east, and the bristly Stout-axe has sent you to slay one or more of the creatures before they attain the numbers to brave your campsite.
- Suddenly a hunting-warg is upon you!
- Talk to Imák at your campsite in Misthallow
Imák is at your campsite in Misthallow.
- Imák: 'You found a hunting warg, didn't you? No need to say a word, <name>, I know it is true!'
- Imák nods with satisfaction, a pleased smile creeping onto his face.
- 'I have always had a heightened sense of smell, but in Mordor it became a matter of survival. I developed a nose for danger. Nowhere was ever truly safe, but I was able to sniff out the worst of the dangers, and steer clear of them! That skill is still with me; I could not ignore it if I tried.
- 'Like the keepsakes I brought out of Mordor, it is a constant reminder of my time toiling in fear of Sauron. I cannot forget, and will not.'
- Imák falls silent
- Eat in silence, leaving Imák to his thoughts
Imák has fallen silent, and perhaps you should eat in silence and leave him be for a time.
- Talk to Glóin at your campsite in Misthallow
- Talk to Venko at your campsite in Misthallow
Glóin and Venko are at your campsite in Misthallow.
- Glóin: 'Imák endured much during his captivity in Mordor. Never have I been within the borders of that land, and never have I heard anything pleasant about it. I do know this: I would not wish to have a heightened sense of smell in THAT place! For that Imák has my sympathy!'
- Venko: 'Of all my senses, my sense of smell has never been especially potent. Now, my sense of taste is another thing entirely! I have a taste for beer and for roasted mutton, although we may not have much of either on this journey.
- 'But Imák was right about the hunting warg. Perhaps he should take the first watch, and let his nose alert us to any approaching dangers!'