Patch Notes - May 13, 2008
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Index to all release notes
Book 13 Patch 1 Notes
- Toggle Skill Fixes: The following skills are no longer disabled by disarm.
- Stance: Strength - no longer requires a ranged weapon
- Stance: Precision - no longer requires a ranged weapon
- Stance: Endurance - no longer requires a ranged weapon
- Guardian's Defence - no longer requires a shield
- You can once again move items around in your inventory while crafting.
- “Disarm” will now only disarm the Main-hand weapon. This change opens a few known-issues, see below.
- Known Issues:
- Graphics Issue: When a player is first disarmed their Secondary Weapon/Shield disappears briefly.
- When a dual-wielding player is disarmed they are unable to auto-attack with their secondary weapon.
- Known Issues:
- Lore-master: The Improved Sign of Righteousness's icon effect will now last the full 60 seconds.
- Fixed hunter guide skills failing to guide you out of private encounters.
- Fixed Minstrel "Tale of Heroism" and other group benefiting skills (i.e. Hunter's "Find the Path") within Raids.
- Fixed an issue that was causing timing issues with ranged and channeling combat skills. These issues were primarily seen by Hunters (e.g. the skills “Quick Shot” and “Focus”) and Lore-masters (e.g. the skills “Burning Embers” and “Blinding Flash”).
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause a rented mount to be player-controllable, but would also prevent dismounting.
- Crafting (Cooking): Fixed incorrect icons for both the "normal" and "superior" versions of all five types of craftable fish meals.
- Loot: Fixed a bug that was preventing scholar recipes from dropping in loot (Actually, there was a very tiny chance of getting a scholar recipe. Now normalized.)
- Craft: NPC Taddyn has been updated to exchange Small Wight Barrow Treasure for the new item used in recipes (Small Treasure).
- Craft: Taddyn now exchanges "Scarred Huorn Heartwood" for the newer item "Scarred Heartwood"
- Craft: Taddyn now exchanges "Very Sharp Aurochs Horn" for the newer item "Torn Claw"
- Loot: The old craft recipe for “Superb Leather Leggings” will no longer be created when using scroll cases.
- Fixed an issue that was causing avatars to get stuck in the fishing animation when jumping while a fish was on the line.
- Fishing supplies can now be purchased from Garbert the fisherman in the Trollshaws.
- The "Basic Fishing Pole" can now be purchased from any Fishing Supplier.
- You can no longer use combat skills while fishing.
- The "Fisherman's Foe" quest can now be advanced and completed. If you had this quest underway, it will be removed from your quest log and you will have to restart it.
- Various mapnotes (stable-masters, etc) in Forochel now conform to the fog-of-war state.
- The “To Evendim” button now shows up on the Forochel map correctly.
- Sorting the Who panel by quest will no longer crash the client.
- The name of the quest now appears in the tooltip on the who and open fellowship panels when a quest is specified on the player's LFF or LFP entry.
- Your fellow's quest status should now be shown properly when returning to a fellowship from being link-dead.
- Since you cannot fellow with Rangers or group with Trolls, their entries have been removed from the available classes on the open fellowship UI.
- Auction: The Trophy sub-category under Crafting should now list trophy items used in craft recipes. Important Note: If you currently have a trophy item listed on the auction house you will need to cancel the post and re-post it before it will be displayed in the correct auction category.
- Crossbows returned to normal size when Hobbits sheath them on their backs.
- Fixed an issue that was causing NPCs killed through drama events to enter their t-pose.
- Fix for the horse whistle. There will now be two shorter and cleaner whistles only heard on the client-side. No more hearing entire groups whistle for their trusty steeds!
- The quest "The Choicest Cut" now gives its intended reward item.
- We have greatly increased the respawn rate of the Caged Warg needed for the "An Audition" quest.
- Fixed quest directions for “Fisherman's Foe.”
- We increased the movement speed of the Raven in the "The Raven" quest in Forochel, so the escort portion of the quest should advance more quickly. We also thinned the number of monsters that spawn to attack him.
- Replaced the description for the Small Trap reward (Forochel).
- We fixed the guidance text in the "Who Burgles the Burglar?" quest.
- We have made the "Wayward Bull" a little less aggro-tastic.
- The "Lost Fellowship" deed now advances on completion of "The Choicest Cut," instead of "Hungry Bear-friend." If you have already completed this deed or have completed "The Choicest Cut," you will be unaffected. If the deed previously advanced for you due to completion of "Hungry Bear-friend," you will need to complete that event of the deed again.
- The “Eyes of Unnerving” icon will no longer stack on the Warg. It will now be properly removed when the Warg toggles off the “Eyes of Unnerving” skill.
- Defiler heals no longer require the Defiler to face the target of the heal.
- Defiler heals no longer break Wargs from stealth.
- The Defiler skill, “Fire Gourd,” has had its resist category removed. This skill can still be missed, blocked, parried, or evaded.
- The Defiler skill, “Curse of the Sticky Feet,” has had its resist category removed. This skill can still miss. This change puts this skill in line with other similar skills.
- Defeat in portions of the Lossoth village of Kauppa-kohta will no longer send players to Breeland.
- A defeat volume found on the northern shores of Talvi-mûri has been removed. No longer shall you get smacked down for just wanting to walk out on a fjord.
- A Zigilgund miner is now no longer deluded enough to believe that Arnmorth the Exacting can be defeated solo, and will advise you to bring allies.
- We have added the rewards that were missing from the "Venturing Forth" quest bestowed in Kauppa-kohta. These rewards will allow you to complete the "Defender of the Lossoth," "Protector of the Lossoth" or "Hero of the Lossoth" item sets. If you have previously completed this quest, you will be able to take it again and choose your reward.
- Loot: Fixed a bug that was preventing Frost Grims from dropping trophy items.
- The Warrior's Blade is once again a part of the Warrior of Rivendell item set.
- "Blackened Wight Skull" mentions in the description of it being used in crafting but the information was not correct. The item is not used in crafting and the description has been updated.
- A few pieces of Angmar jewelry that were buffed up in book 12 were debuffed accidently in book 13. They have been returned to their book 12 status.
- Niko’s Bow and Niko’s Crossbow now have the correct ranged item stats.
- You should no longer see reputation updates for -000 in red text when earning reputation in a region for the first time.
- Fixed a stuck location in the Thrang encounter in the Rift.
- The quest tracker is not properly updating for the quest, "Fisherman's Foe." However, if you do collect the five buckets, the quest is completable. (added 5/13)
- When switching weapons while performing a Blade Wall, you will get an error message.
- The Guardian skill “Thrill of Danger” is marked as a harmful skill and will break mez when it should not. It was intended to be non-harmful, along the lines of the Champion’s “Dire Need,” and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
- In Book 13 you cannot take other actions while performing an induction, such as opening a container or crafting. This means that you multi-tasking crafters can't rearrange your inventory while completing a recipe. We will resolve this issue in an update following the launch of Book 13!
- The worth of an exceptional hide and a boiled exceptional leather is the same.
- Any clothing/armor item that drops in game as random loot will have no dye and will show as a default color. Player applied dye colors will not be affected. We expect to have this resolved in an upcoming update. (added 5/13)
- After training with Refkell, the fishing trainer in Thorin’s Hall, there is a missing quest ring and quest.
- Ongbûrz Berserker in Asht Shapol gets stuck in combat when a player moves to the space between the cave wall and the flag.
- The food trader in Gramsfoot has improper scaling on food, creating higher level food with identical stats but higher requirements and cost.
- Forochel stable-masters are currently not hidden by the fog of war.
- Some corpse trophies in Forochel are showing an incorrect icon.
- The Quest Objective button in the Quest Log does not function. This will be fixed in the next update.
- The fog of war for the map area zone of Ita-ma, in Forochel, does not clear correctly when players enter this zone.
- If a player creates a Fellowship query in the Social Panel using all classes, the results of the search will overlap and be difficult to read.
- Taking a screenshot using Alt-P while in windowed-mode results in a pitch-black screenshot.
- We are aware of some appearance issues with the Help section of the main menu and its UI layer.
- The Raid Assist window is missing text.
- Movies that are still unlocked are not greyed out as they should be.
- The House Purchase Panel text says “players” instead of “you.”
- There is some UI appearance overlap with the kinship section of the Social Panel.
- After the Book 13 update, the Fog of War was fixed to stop interfering with other regions. As a result, players will have found the Fog of War reset in the Evendim region. They will have to rediscover the map of Evendim by exploring through the region. Horse routes will not be affected, but map notes will be covered by the Fog of War until their areas are rediscovered.
- If Goldhead makes it to the top of Tirith Rhaw and the keep is flipped to Freep control, he will start attacking Freep NPCs.
- The Fishing hotspot sound fx for the quest, “Bounty of the Sea” will be changed in the near future.
- When the NPCs inside the Rift enter their dying animation, they may change animations for a short time before dying.
- There are missing particle fx on certain monster skills that execute an “Apply Over Time” effect.
- Mustering Horns will soon have the appropriate sound effects in the next patch.
- Logging out on the stairs near Duillond will cause players to fall through and get trapped upon logging back.
- The Superior workbench in Suri-Kyla does not work for Tier 4 and 5 recipes (added 5/8)