His full name is Mathi Stouthand and he is the Lord of Gondamon. Mathi welcomes new dwarves and elves and with wisdom and respect for others, no matter race or lineage, he gives direction that resolves tension between local factions of the Free Peoples in their defence against the increasing threats that disturb the lands.
Mathi Stouthand (Frerin's Court)
During the Elvish/Dwarf expedition to Skorgrim's Tomb Mathi is found in Frerin's Court within Thorin's Gate, then with the title "Longbeard". At first he is very sick and deep asleep watched over by Torri.
-  Prologue (Dwarf): Prologue: Gondamon in the Low-lands
-  Prologue (Elf): Suspicious Encampment
-  Prologue (Elf): Reluctant Allies
-  Prologue (Dwarf/Elf): Mutual Dislike
-  Prologue (Dwarf/Elf): Preparations for the Assault
-  The Siege of Gondamon - Skirmish
-  Volume I, Book 9, Chapter 3: Journey to Gondamon
-  Chapter 2: Loyalty for the New King