Update 24.2.3 - Thursday September 5, 2019
Index to all release notes
Update 24.2.3 Release Notes
Here are the Release notes for Update 24.2.3, released on Thursday, September 5th.
Of Special Note:
The Rise of Isengard Arrives on the Legendary Worlds!
The Rise of Isengard expansion has arrived on Anor and Ithil! Journey eastward toward the tower of Orthanc, where an army of Orcs and Uruk-hai make ready for war. Uncover new quests, skills, and traits as you strive to thwart Saruman's ambition! The level cap on the Legendary Worlds has been increased to 75 as well. Complete Instances in Isengard and the Great River, quest in the Limlight Gorge, and complete the Epic Story. Rewards include an account-wide Hooded Re-purposed Cloak of the White Hand, an account-wide Great River portrait frame, and an account-wide Dispeller of Isengard title.
VIP and Lifetime VIP players who log in between September 5th after the update and September 30th will receive a free Armour of the Isengard Dispeller set as a gift! This armour is Bound to Account, and is in the style of the Rohirrim but inspired by Isengard.
News and Notes:
Quests and Adventure Areas
- Tiers 4 and 5 are now available for additional challenge!
- The following chests that appear in Kidzul-kâlah when run at tier 3 and higher now offer an additional favoured pull per week (for a total of 2 favoured pulls and an additional non-favoured pull available each week): The Maid's Mithril Reward & Mithril Chest of Dwarf Treasure.
- Health has been reduced on the Volatile Darkling, Draining Dark-maw, Corrupting Void-eater, Spewing Tentacle, Spitting Tentacle on all modes.
- The health of the Grasping Maw head and Biting Tentacles has been reduced on Solo mode.
- Vicious Bite's cooldown has been reduced from 60 seconds to 40 seconds.
- The initial cooldown for Putrid Gas has been increased to 60 seconds.
- The Splash Filth cooldown has been reduced.
- Putrid Gas damage has been reduced for Tiers 2 and 3.
- Rise of Isengard
- Rise of Isengard - Instance Cluster - Instances have received a major balance pass and should now be more in line with expected player potency at Level 75.
- Tower of Orthanc - Saruman's staff no longer disappears and he will always show all five colours for the Rings phase of his encounter.
- Tower of Orthanc - When appearing at the beginning of encounters besides his own, Saruman's movement speed has been increased and the delay to start the encounter has been shortened.
- Fixed various translation issues with the French and German game clients.
- The 32-bit DLL for audio has been replaced with the latest OpenAL Soft version, and the existing 64-bit DLL has been updated to the latest as well. This should improve sound capabilities for some users. For most players, the only visible change is that the former input option of Generic Software (device) will now be named OpenAL Soft (device).