Update 18.2 - Throne of the Dread Terror - July 5, 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Index to all release notes
For those of you who want to play the Battle of Pelennor Fields in chronological order, this raid takes place directly after Chapter 4: The Foe Resurgent, but before you reach the Hillock.
18.2 Preview announcement
- Announcement: https://www.lotro.com/en/U18_2
- The Battle of Pelennor Fields expands with U18.2. LOTRO's first new raid in years, Throne of the Dread Terror, features a challenging series of bosses that will all take a full sized fellowship to take down. The stakes are even higher. Turn the tide of Middle Earth's greatest battle in Update 18.2!
- The new raid can be unlocked in the store with the offer Region Pack: Far Anórien. Free to VIPs.
- As the Witch-king falls, Gothmog, the lieutenant of Minas Morgul brings his full force into the fray. Determined to stake his claim as the King of Gondor before Aragorn, he now seeks to crush the defenders of Gondor and deal his vengeance upon you! The Black Captain may have fallen, but the battle is far from over. Fight through 6 intense boss battle in a full 12-man raid, and ensure the ascension of the true King of Gondor!
- Dev Diary: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/return-raid The return of the Raid Dev Diary
- Dev Diary: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/making-battle The Making of a Battle Dev Diary
Update 18.2 - Official Release Notes
New Raid: Throne of the Dread Terror
- The Enemy's grip tightens on the defenders of Gondor as Gothmog seizes control of the armies of Mordor. Marching from the gates of Osgiliath, foes pour into the Pelennor Fields with a renewed vigour. In the wake of the Witch-king's defeat, vile sorcery looms over the field as the most powerful allies of the Dread Terror are summoned forth. If Gothmog spoke true of the fate he shares with Golodir, can victory yet be found?
- Level 105 characters can use the Instance Finder Specific tab to access our new 12-person Raid: Throne of the Dread Terror. This raid is only available to capped characters and can be run at tier 1 or tier 2 difficulty. On tier 1, this raid has no raid locks. On tier 2, raid locks will be applied to your group with every boss defeat.
- Imbued legacy tiers have been extended by 15 levels (10 for the main legacy (dps/healing)). Legacies will have 5 new tiers unlocked by default, and 10 that can be unlocked with scrolls of empowerment. The main legacy will have 5 new tiers unlocked by default, and 5 tiers that can be unlocked with star-lit crystals.
- Guardian Radiate bleeds should do the correct amount of damage.
- Hedge Your Bet can now be used while silenced
- The Armour of the Lady's Courage 4 piece Captain set bonus now correctly gives 20% lowered cooldowns on defeat event skills.
- All Minstrels gain Rally! at level 45 with a cooldown of 12.5 minutes.
- The Blue-line trait brings that cooldown back down to its original 7min 30s.
- Minstrels will have all their class trait points reset at login.
- The Burglar deed Resistance is Futile now advances when you hit with Riddle or Trick Removal skills, rather than when those skills are resisted.
- Characters of level 95 and above can no longer gain Inspired Greatness.
- The three balance effects that increase the power of all Tier 2 instance mobs are now visible. These effects have always existed, but they have been invisible until now.
- The Silent Street - Redeemer of the Cursed Line - You will no longer fail the Silent Street challenge (or complete it without getting the chest) if your party wipes before the Gloom summons Earnil and Mardil. However, once you engage them for the first time, the challenge will fail if you do not complete it on that attempt.
- Featured Instances - Ost Elendil has been replaced by Dungeons of Dol Guldur, Inn of the Forsaken has been replaced by Stoneheight, and Ost Dunhoth Wound & Fear has been replaced by Helegrod Drake Wing.
- Featured Instance armour and jewellery have been removed from Featured Instance challenge chests.
- You can now barter Long-lost Coins for Featured Instance Jewellery.
- Instance - Dungeons of Dol Guldur: the elven prisoners now have more health.
- If you are defeated in the instance Forges of Isengard, you will now teleport back to the beginning of the instance.
Quests and Landscape:
- Norcrofts – The quest Wild Horses is fixed
- Relic / forge masters have finally reported for duty in the Hobbit housing neighbourhood.
- Fixed some pathing for NPCs on the Field of Onslaught.
- Removed the leftover invisible Reflecting Pool in Minas Tirith Besieged, since it wasn't supposed to be there.
- The stablemaster will once again allow you to travel from Bar Hurin.
- Eriador has newly added frills. You can turn frills on and off in your advanced graphics options panel. This includes all kinds of ground-cover (grasses, reeds, wildflowers, etc).
- VIPs can now access 20 more Wardrobe slots than non-VIPs (meaning they can get to a higher maximum.
- Cosmetic pets will no longer put up with the stresses of Player vs. MonsterPlayer areas.
- More housing hooks have been added to every type of house interior in Middle-earth. Players will now have more options for decorating!
- If you enter Throne of the Dread Terror with a raid leader that has raid locks, you will inherit the leader's raid locks. This is true, even in the tier 1 version of the raid. * Additionally, if you have acquired Throne of the Dread Terror raid locks (from the tier 2 version of the raid or inherited from a raid leader), you will be unable to enter a tier 1 version of Throne of the Dread Terror with a fellowship leader that does not have these raid locks. Raid locks can be viewed in the Social panel - Group Stage Info tab, or can be listed using the "/raid locks" command. Please note that defeating bosses in the tier 1 version of the raid does not give you raid locks and the raid leaders raid locks will not prevent any bosses from appearing in the tier 1 version of the raid.
- Throne of the Dread Terror – You should not retreat from the Breach of Terror while your allies carry on the fight. Engaging Gothmog again while allies are in the Breach of Terror may cause it to reset.
- Throne of the Dread Terror - If you leave the raid and re-enter, you will sometimes have the challenge quests re-bestow even if you've just completed them
- Minstrel - The Greater Trappings of the Vigilant Watcher 4 piece armour set bonus unlocks Perfect Ending at Snowball - Tier 5, but the skill becomes unavailable at Snowball – Tier 6 and 7.