Update 18.1 - May 16, 2016
Index to all release notes
Update 18.1 Release Notes
Quests and landscape
- An Uruk raiding party spotted in the Beacon-hills is searching for the Rohirrim!
- The Ghûrdhos' numbers are now stronger in the eastern Druadain Forest where they have taken over a glade of Wose statues!
- Elite monsters / bosses in Far Anórien may now drop Wose Carvings or Gondorian Polished Marbles rep barter items.
- Increased Iron Coin count to all Westemnet warbands and added coins to Eorlingas and Helmingas tasks.
- A swift horse has been added from Galtrev to Nan Curunir, for people who have completed "Bringing Hope to the Hopeless".
- The defeat amounts for many of the landscape slayer deeds in Gondor have been lowered to more reasonable numbers.
- The defeat amounts for many of the landscape slayer deeds in Rhovanion have been lowered to more reasonable numbers.
- The defeat amounts for many of the landscape slayer deeds in Eriador have been lowered to more reasonable numbers.
- Reminded Legolas of the proper way to hold his bow in IV.2.9, 'Even in Darkness'.
- The Far Anórien Reflecting Pool has been moved to the milestone near Dru Bhuta, where it should be more convenient.
- Fixed several small polish issues with the Sons of Ost Rimmon quest arc in the Beacon Hills. There is now a correct quest marker on the cellar in Bar Nadhron. Jarl Akhiz is also always properly scaled and always speaks in the correct voice. Gondrad will no longer hang around outside of Bar Nadhron when he shouldn't be.
- Fixed the letter involved in 'A Message from Stangard' in the Wailing Hills so it'll appear at the right time.
- Added a Bingo Reflecting Pool (called 'Bingo's Notes') to the bedside table in Boffin Manor. You'll need access to his home to use it (so Week 04 and after), and it'll let you replay all of the Bingo instances you've previously completed.
- Added a Far Anórien Reflecting Pool to the south-eastern end of the Stonewain Valley. This Pool can be used to replay instances from Far Anórien, and also to replay the Epic instances from Books 5 and 6.
- The fallen banner in IV.6.2, 'Death Comes for All,' is now more easily selectable.
- Aragorn and Legolas had some confusion about what clothes to wear to Pelennor. They've sorted it all out now, and their Rohirric garb has been put back into storage.
- There are now sparkling interactable objects for the Strange Tracks in IV.5.2, 'Ride Swift and Sure,' and they are much easier to see and to click on.
- Added Steed XP rewards to quests where Bingo is in Rohan.
- Adjusted some positioning of the characters involved in IV.6.7, 'A Final Vengeance'.
- The hotspot for Bingo Week 38, 'The Tracker,' is now significantly larger, and Keen-eyed Lookouts have taken up residence in some of the towers; they might have seen something that will help guide you to the right location.
- Forge-Master's Horn can now be used in the Osgiliath Culverts campsite.
- Minas Tirith
- A Wager: Rot in the Gut now correctly recognizes when you're standing on top of the barrel.
- Landath will now keep his feet firmly planted on the ground regardless of quest state.
- In the Beacon Hills
- Some floating tools and horse tracks have come to ground.
- An objective for the Tomb at Halifirien will no longer show "Completed" when you wander from the tomb.
- Fixed Togbor's and Lacheg's appearances in spots where they weren't right.
- A helm for the straw men in Ost Rimmon was fished out of the forge slag and placed neatly on a nearby bench.
- Now Sithgar will remain in Ost Rimmon to talk to you if you try to complete A Gift Gone Astray out of order (i.e. you've already helped Sithgar in Ost Rimmon).
Combat and Classes
- The Guardian trait Thrill of Battle now has an internal cooldown of 20 seconds.
- The Guardian trait Radiate now only spreads marks and bleeds 30% of the time.
- Anórien Burglar signals have been significantly improved. They now grant more stats, and they give a new stat: Avoidance Penetration. This stat effectively bypasses part of the enemy's Block, Parry, and Evade ratings.
- Hunter and Warden travel skills have been added to the Riders of Rohan rep barter in Far Anórien.
Instances and Skirmishes
- You can now swap your unwanted Featured Instance class gear (including gear for other classes) to get gear for your class from the same instance. For example: If a Minstrel gets a Beorning chest piece from the Ost Dunhoth challenge chest, then can trade in that chest piece with some Long-lost Coins to get the Minstrel boots that drop from Ost Dunhoth. Since Sammath Gûl also drops the chest piece, that Minstrel can exchange the chest piece for the Minstrel gloves that drop from Sammath Gûl.
- You can now swap your unwanted Pelennor Instance class gear (including gear for other classes) to get gear for your class from the same instance.
- Skirmish - Survival: Barrow Downs - Beornings can now contribute to the Strength in Diversity deeds.
- Blood of the Black Serpent - If Jarl Dauthar travels too close to the entrance of his arena, he will now reset instead of being stuck behind an invisible wall upon retreat.
- Blood of the Black Serpent - The Princes should no longer be individually lootable.
- Silent Street - If the Gloom of Nurn travels too close to the smoke barrier, he will now reset instead of being stuck behind the wall upon retreat.
- Blood of the Black Serpent - The deed for completing the Challenge should now properly complete when you finish the Challenge quest.
- The Quays of the Harlond - fixed issue where the Mumak fight sometimes gets stuck in drama.
- Ruined City: several glitches that might let you escape the clutches of Jukotor and Thrug have been closed up.
- Featured Instance challenge chest armour drops should now match the armour pieces that are awarded by the coloured boxes given by that featured instance.
- The Hooded Cloak of Many Worlds now has its proper name again.
- Hobnanigans - fixed issue where sometimes players will not reward extra tokens for winning a Hobnanigans game.
- Scaling legendary items will no longer have a minimum level over level 100.
- New Rohirric housing items have appeared at the Riders of Rohan rep barter in Far Anórien -- must be Kindred to buy them.
- Relic / forge masters have been placed in elf, dwarf, and human housing neighbourhoods. The hobbit neighbourhood forge-masters are not yet available, as they are still finishing elevenses.
- Hobby-horse - You can now ride your hobby-horse in Dol Amroth and Minas Tirith in Gondor / the speed and durability of the hobby-horse has been lessened.
- Wardrobe - Items using only newer dyes will not display in the wardrobe unless you filter by colour. This affects the following dyes: Belegaer Blue Dye, Bullroarer's Green Dye, Dark Clay Dye, Dark Mossy Green Dye, Imladris Fallen Leaf Dye, Lavender Dye, Moria Silver Dye, Lórien Gold Dye, Rohan Green Dye, Shire Peach Dye, Shire-plum Dye, Sunset Orange Dye, Deep Purple Dye, Ashenslades Green Dye.
- With the reduction in slayer deed numbers, some people will see duplicate deeds. If you log out and back in, the issue should correct itself.