Talk:The Abyss of Mordath
Update 21.3 Beta build 1 - release notes
- To enter the raid, you will need to Discover the Abyss of Mordath. Find the door in the Chamber of the Watchers in the lower levels of Barad-dûr (Western edge of the Barad-dur map on the lower corridor branching).
- This is a level 115 raid (and does not scale) with 2 difficulty tiers.
- For testing purposes, the quests that allow you to bypass a boss that you have already defeated have been set to daily rather than weekly reset. Note that this is a new mechanic to allow for a new, less prohibitive, style of raid locks. The raid group will be able to skip past the the bosses defeated by the first member of the party to cross the line at the beginning of the instance.
Update 21.3 Build 4 - release notes
- Abyss of Mordath - The method and quality of loot awarded by the raid has been adjusted.
- Incomparable set gear will drop from raid chests (in a picker box so you can select the set piece right for your character). This incomparable gear will be item level 345, and will have a chance to receive bonus item levels when it comes out of the box.
- The Incomparable set gear helms, incomparable pocket items, and incomparable necklaces will be craftable items, and will require a fragment of the abyss crafting component from the raid.
- An Incomparable item level 345 cloak will drop from raid chests.
- Incomparable item level 345 Grand Abyssal Runes will drop from raid chests.
- Other incomparable pieces from the raid (essences, other jewellery) and all rare gear from the raid will be item level 337.
- Once you have completed the Tier 2 raid deed, you will be able to barter for all of the incomparable raid gear on the Masters of Mordor Lore. This allows you to use Ash of Gorgorth to barter for pieces that just haven't dropped for you in the raid. The bartered gear does not have a chance to receive bonus item levels. Note that npcs in this current build do not yet include this change.
- Item level 337 incomparable armour (without set bonuses, not including the helm), rings, earrings, bracelets, offhands, and essences will be available in Gorgoroth lootboxes.
- Rare item level 337 gear of all types will be available in the raid, in Gorgoroth lootboxes, and for barter with no restrictions.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 13:38, 19 November 2017 (UTC)