I'm assuming the captain's pet works in the same way ... DancesInTrees 01:15, 27 March 2007 (PDT)
Do we need all this detail on this page? The full skill lists are on the appropriate skill pages; and I'd intended this as a brief overview - but then it's not just my opinion that counts ;) Nice to see the bear's 3rd buff - rather more useful than the second. DancesInTrees 05:44, 13 May 2007 (PDT)
- If you want this page as an overview state this somewhere on the page and give a hint, that more details are available if people follow the links =) ... you could also mention that Lore-master gets an Eagle as Pet with one of legendary Traits ;-)
- Next downtime of the servers I'll try to get Herald Page for Captain up and running, i will probably separate it from here! --Xander 07:56, 13 May 2007 (PDT)
- Might be best to split Raven & Bear off to their own pages too then? Actually that could work well, give the detail on those pages, leave a brief description here (they are currently redirects to this page iirc) DancesInTrees 09:43, 13 May 2007 (PDT)
I agree. I updated this yesterday and although I'm a web dev by trade it was my first foray into the world of the Wiki - so I didn't want to do much more than edit the current content and flesh out some Loremaster stubs. --Madaxeman 04:47, 14 May 2007 (PDT)
- OK, I've moved the fuller information out to the appropriate pages, rolled this back then messed with it some more ;D - see what you think - changes are the heart of a wiki after all :) DancesInTrees 05:31, 14 May 2007 (PDT)
- I think we should add about the leveling. I would, but I don't know if it works the same way for a lore-master as it does for a captain (the dismiss and pet level being always lower than his master)
- It's true for both Captains and Lore-masters that a pet must be dismissed and resummoned in order to level up, and that a summoned pet is always two levels below the character. However, that second fact will be changed in a month - with the release of RoR, LM and Captain pets will be the same level as the one who summons them. I'm sort of putting off updates until next month, so that can all be changed at once.
- As for the control bars, are you saying that the last three or four skills on each should be pulled off and the rest not shown, because they're the same for every one? I could see your point there, although it doesn't bother me to have all the repeated icons. In fact I think it's easier to see the differences when they're preceded by a repetitive pattern that sets the context. But then I rarely come to this page, so whatever's best for all those Lore-masters and Captains out there. :) -- Elinnea (talk) 14:12, 8 September 2012 (EDT)
- Oh, ok.
- Yep. For me its like just a huge wall of "ignore this" but that keeps picking on your attention anyways. It adds no extra information whatsoever, would be much better to just show what actually matters which are the special skills, and perhaps add a link to each one too.
- Gwenwyfar (talk) 19:57, 8 September 2012 (EDT)