Talk:Monster Play Quests
Quick Com Making Guide
1st I'd like to say i only "focus" on 1 or 2 monster classes as my mains, using the others as quick Commendation (Coms) makers with this system. Takes me about 15-25 minutes per character. (IF i can get a group, i might Capture an Outpost on all/most of them too, but waiting for a group takes time.)
Run it with:
- All 6 Creeps
- Or just the fastest running ones (Reaver, War Leader, Warg) + your main Creep.
This system is to help out the new creeps short on coms, advance players just short those few coms for next audacity rank, or just for all =) ALSO the troll/ore/wood are still a Work In Progress. and for elfs ears, its minus elf camp (if elf camp has a war, its hard to get the ears QQ) Asurmen32 (talk) 03:25, 18 July 2012 (EDT) edited. thoughts? ways to improve system??
- Thanks. I use a different strategy. I tend to stockpile enough materials for several days worth of quests. For instance, if I can get a good visit to Eagle Valley, I'll collect a stack of feathers. A good visit being one where I'm by my self, undisturbed by Freeps, or with a material gathering group, strong enough to deal with singletons, but small enough that everyone gets materials quickly. One advantage of the material gathering group is the opportunity to pass materials to my other creeps using a friend as a relay.
- Another advantage of the stockpile is to take advantage of the quests that are only available for a short while after a keep gets flipped. The dynamics of keep ownership varies between different servers, so you may need to adapt to the situation on your server.
- There are too many quests to have all of them active. I make sure I have all available slayer quests and a few raid quests active. You can often get the raid quests shared with you, if you raid with a good group. I only take most of the collection quests when I am able to do an immediate turn-in. This is the same strategy I use with Tasks. There are a few collection quests where you must have the quest to get the drop - those I try to have active, if I can.
- I try to time my harvesting activity so it does not coincided with periods of high Freep activity. I really hate to be bothered by anyone when I'm busy.
- BTW, I tend to survive jumps off the waterfall now. With a full complement of maps, travel by suicide is not usually necessary. The first priority for a new creep should be getting all the map skills. Some of the poor maps get you to good harvesting areas, and the cool down is not a problem, since you need time to harvest.
- I've thought about writing up a "Day in the Life" story on what I do with my creeps. But perhaps better, would be the story of how my wife plays her creeps: She often seems to take a breakfast group of new comers around the moors for their dailies, does some harvesting, takes all the outposts and flips the map red before the Freeps get out of bed (or home from work).
- - RingTailCat (talk) 01:28, 18 July 2012 (EDT)
- Thanks for the input Ring, i stockpile to BUT i aimed this guide more towards new creeps. one thing ive also noticed about my guide, is you dont really have to worry about getting ganked bc youll be by "safe" areas, and it only takes ~20ish mins to do =) but i agree, being able to transfer a stockpile > this guide, but not everyone has that available to them. and as for travel by waterfall, for the creeps that dont have maps this takes you right to the quick collects anywho =P. Asurmen32 (talk) 03:21, 18 July 2012 (EDT)