Could we remove all the TP icons and instead put the text "TP"? This page is 164,107 bytes, and this may help to cut it down.AJO191 (talk) 23:03, 3 February 2012 (EST)
- That sounds like a great idea to me. This page is currently #2 at Special:LongPages and really needs to be cut down. I might even say it would be better to leave off the TP text and just have a column of numbers - it would look a lot cleaner, and it should still be clear what they mean from the context and the column header. -- Elinnea (talk) 00:24, 4 February 2012 (EST)
- A quick look shows that the page is still incomplete, missing perhaps 1/3 or more of the available recipes. That would suggest that a re-organization to split up the page would be more effective than the quick fix suggested above. RingTailCat (talk) 04:51, 4 February 2012 (EST)
- I agree with RTC, probably per profession as that is perhaps the natural way. And keeping the topmost few groups on a "collecting" page that links to all others, and a nav-box for them would perfect the deal.
Zimoon (talk) 06:20, 4 February 2012 (EST)
- If the separate professions were changed to transcluded pages, would that reduce the size of this page? (I ask because I'm not very clear on how transclusion works.) I've been trying to avoid having too many click-throughs - this page is already one level down from the main store page, and I worry that if it goes too far down it would become difficult to find anything. Of course, that would still be preferable to having a massive page that puts unnecessary work on the servers and takes a long time to load, so I'll do that if there's no alternative. I do think a nav-box would help a lot here.
- On a side note, this page is a bit difficult to complete because the store only shows recipes that can be used by the character logged in. My crafters are always working hard, but I don't yet have folks in the Westfold tier of every craft. So if anyone does, and is willing to help, any contributions would be welcome. But I'm going to refrain from adding more until the page can be reorganized. -- Elinnea (talk) 19:50, 5 February 2012 (EST)
- Transclusion adds the size of each transcluded page to the total page size.
- This page is many times easier to use than the store itself, so I think we can allow another level or two of drill down before anyone is going to think it's too nasty to use. Certainly, splitting out each profession would not be unreasonable, given the potential load reduction and speed increase. I expect the typical use case is to look for missing or desired recipes without your craft. RingTailCat (talk) 20:24, 5 February 2012 (EST)
- I snipped out each of the professions and reduced the page size by over 150,000 bytes: a worthwhile change, I think! I'm even more convinced now that a nav-box would be incredibly helpful here. -- Elinnea (talk) 23:15, 29 February 2012 (EST)