Talk:Combat Traps (Deed)
I've got a lv27 Hunter who doesn't have this deed available. I've used the set traps skill 75 times, but only have the lv1 deed "Sturdy Traps". It seems like this might be a prerequisite for the combat traps deed. If so, shouldn't this page mention something about that? If not, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong to not trigger the combat traps deed? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Idlewilder (Contribs • User Talk • Email).
- Lorebook (not by nature terribly reliable, but useful as a backup once in a while) lists Sturdy Traps as a prereq for this. Your story is more than enough evidence for confirmation, so we definitely should mention it here. Thanks for the catch! :) Sethladan 14:57, 20 April 2012 (EDT)
- I've also just checked this in-game. My hunter is level 43 and was only 10 traps away from completing Sturdy Traps, so I finished it off and the Combat Traps deed immediately popped up. So consider it double confirmation. I'll add a note on the Sturdy Traps page as well so it's clear that it's gating another deed. -- Elinnea (talk) 15:24, 20 April 2012 (EDT)
As of the Helm's Deep expansion there also seems to be a level limit on Combat Traps. I have a hunter at level 37 with Sturdy Traps completed, and there's no sign of the Combat Traps deed yet. --Slotrop (talk) 12:28, 7 December 2013 (UTC)Slotrop
- Not surprising, given that there is now a significant "yellow" line - trapper -- for the Hunter. I know that there was much talk in the beta that the entire collection of Traps were being revised, but I have not explored any changes in that area, so I don't know how things actually changed. And Turbine tends to put very little information into the Release notes. Many changes which they consider "minor" are never mentioned at all.
- Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 14:02, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
- You're correct - Combat Traps now requires use of the yellow line skill "Trip-wire." (The main page has already been updated appropriately.) No idea if completing sturdy traps is still a prerequisite, though. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Slotrop (Contribs • User Talk • Email) at 07:24, 15 February 2014.