Talk:Anthem of War (Ranged Damage)
Way to Remove Categories?
Anyone know if there's a way to remove this (and other old legacies) from the regular legacy categories? It's currently under Category:Minstrel Songbook Minor Legacies, but it's obsolete now and so shouldn't show up there. I couldn't find any wiki-related way to do it without messing with the Legacy template, which I'd prefer not to do if I can avoid it. Thanks!
- Bear in mind that sometime old legacies are still found on old weapons. There are several ways that upgrades happen. Sometimes the legacy is replaced with a new one, other times, you keep the old legacy, but you will never find it again in the game. Usually, upgrades will not touch an item that is in a vault or a chest. If you have a legacy replacement scroll for the legacy in a vault or chest, it may not be subjected to an upgrade.
- So, just because you can not obtain that legacy now does not mean that someone may not still have a weapon or class item with that legacy.
- Some editors make a big deal about removing obsolete items from categories. I don't. I consider it sufficient to mark the item using the appropriate stub template.
- RingTailCat (talk) 15:59, 10 February 2013 (EST)
- I do actually know this one was changed, even in vaults, since I had a scroll for what would have been my level 75 healing book. ;) I was very confused after coming back after almost a year and wondering what the heck I was thinking, getting a legacy for my bubble skill! Still, point taken. At the same time, each class-specific legacy page links to the categories in the title of each subsection (see here for an example). Is this a worthwhile link to maintain if the info it links to is outdated, with no caveats? A person would have to click on each individual link to know which ones were obsolete and which ones were correct. Perhaps it'd be better to update all the class legacy pages and remove the link to the category instead. Or maybe I'm making too much of it all. :)
- As the editor making the change, it is really up to you. If the consensus doesn't go your way, the change might get rolled back. Use your best judgment in trying to minimize the confusion for our visitors. In any case, thank you for your interest and attention to the details!
- RingTailCat (talk) 20:50, 10 February 2013 (EST)