Quest Talk:The Fall of Moria (Sandar)
Prerequisites and Location in the Chain
According to lorebook almost all (if not all) Expedition quests are required to open this one. Is wrong maybe? Or not? No blame intended, just wanted to ask.
- I think this is just a wrapper quest for the session play instance. You can get that wrapper from at least two different NPCs, one (or more?) at Walls of Moria, and one at twenty-first hall, and maybe from book of chronicles.
- If you don't do the expedition quests, I think you are able to get a similar wrapper quest later from an NPC (Skygni?) in the twenty-first hall, but there might be some different epic quest prerequisite to it. As I recall, the NPC did not initially offer it when I got to 21st hall.
- I'm not sure if Sandor used to give this quest, and now Ráthwald does, or if both give it. I'm pretty sure that Ráthwald gave me the quest when I got it a few days ago. I did all the expedition quests with my first toon, and my second last one to enter Moria. Usually I don't bother doing the expedition quests - just the main epic quests required to get into Moria. I suspect I'm going to delete this quest article, because it may be a while before I have another toon that can see if Sandar still gives this quest.
- If you look at Quest:The Fall of Moria and Quest:The Fall of Moria (Sandar), you can see that there is some blending of two different quests in the articles. At the very least, there is variable text based on who gives you the text. One or both need to be fixed up and completed to give readers a clear story.
- Both Sandor and Rathwald offer the quest, though the starting text is different. I've just completed Sandor's quest and filled in the missing stuff. I'm not sure about the prerequisites; judging by the bestowal dialogue all the expedition quests are a prerequisite, but I cannot say for sure because I've completed all expedition quests with Quest:Expedition: Unwelcome in Hollin being the last one of them. As for Quest:The Fall of Moria, it is presently inconsistent because it mixes Skygni and Rathwald content. Silver hr (talk) 16:24, 6 June 2012 (EDT)
- Working on this quest in-game today. It became available in Walls of Moria after I finished all the expedition quests (last one I turned in was Four Dwarves) and was offered by all five of the expedition quest-givers as well as Rathwald. This makes me think it's intended to be picked up whenever you finish the expeditions, regardless of which is your final expedition. I didn't check the bestowal dialogue for all five, but I imagine it's the same - Rathwald is the only oddball - and that dialogue matches what's here already.
- I'm going to go ahead and move this quest to the un-disambiguated name, add all the quest-givers, and just list Rathwald's bestowal dialogue underneath the main bestowal on this quest, thus combining the Rathwald, Sandar, and default versions. While the Skygni version from 21st Hall still needs completion dialogue, it seems to be different enough to warrant its own page still - the notes section there suggest that its prereq is only Chapter 8: Before the Doors of Durin. Sethladan 18:05, 22 September 2012 (EDT)