Quest Talk:Chapter 3: Night Deepens
Map coordinates shift for Epic Battles
After some investigation...
- The in-game radar coordinates shift after you click on the Map Table to 68.9N x 47.5W, and are no longer relative to previous maps!
- These coordinates may be related to maps for all the Epic Battles as they definitely are for the Helm's Dike Epic Battle. I have not yet verified the others.
There ARE two identical maps in-game -- but with different coordinates!
- The Map table takes you to "Helm's Deep: After midnight" and the new map -- 68.9N x 47.5W
- (This map also appears to be the one used for the various Epic Battles.)
- Clicking on the Grain Sacks "Helm's Deep Before the Battle" shifts you back to the "original map" -- 63.9S x 89.9W
Sigh... now what to do about this!
- I suppose the answer is to create a new map called "Epic Battles" - Starting and ending regions would then become "Epic Battles".
- [NW= 72.5N 50.9W] [SE= 66.0W 42.3W]
- [SW= 66.0N 50.9W] [NE= 72.5N 42.3W]
This does put the burden on the Editors to use the correct "region" for both Tooltips and quest start/end folk.
It's actually a pretty cool mechanic -- Time shifting -- simply shift all of the Epic Battle activity to another map area. Which easily allows for the massive shifts in populations, etc. which take place. The Doctor would undoubtedly approve.