'I see that you have recently gained access to the Scholar's Guild, friend. That is a great achievement on the path of crafting.
'The Guild is a faction that can grant eligible crafters advantages in their trade. In the beginning, you can access better recipes than what you normally find in the world. As you increase in reputation, you gain access to yet more recipes.
'It is never too early to start building your reputation with the Scholar's Guild. The leader can be found in Elrond's Library in Rivendell.'
NOTE: The Guilds are Reputation factions that grant advantages in recipe execution. Reputation is increased by bartering special crafted items.
The Scholar's Guild is a society for the finest scholars throughout Middle-earth.
Ethel Applegarth, the Scholar's Guild-leader, is in the Guild-hall in Rivendell.
The Master of Crafting Guilds has instructed you to speak with Ethel Applegarth to learn more about the Scholar's Guild.
- Master of Crafting Guilds: 'You should speak with the leader of the Scholar's Guild immediately!'
- Ethel Applegarth: 'Welcome to the Scholar's Guild! This is an excellent faction for scholars who are looking to benefit their expertise.
- 'As the leader of this faction, it is my role to oversee the advancement of your reputation as you trade your items in. I will gladly collect everything you make from our own Guild-recipes!
- 'To collect the recipes to make the items I seek, you should speak with Melongene Took, then with Spiall. They will help you to get started!'
- NOTE: The role of the Guild-leader is to trade crafted, barterable items in exchange for reputation with the Guild.
- The Guild-leader offers you reputation in exchange for crafted items
Melongene Took is in the Scholar's Guild-hall in Rivendell.
Ethel Applegarth has directed you to speak with Melongene to look at what recipes she sells.
- Ethel Applegarth: 'You should speak with Melongene Took.'
- Melongene Took: 'You will notice that I have many new recipes for sale. As your crafting ability increases, more recipes will become available, so check back often!
- 'The scrolls are made from the recipes I sell; those items are the ones you may give to Ethel Applegarth in exchange for reputation. This is the only way to gain reputation. It's best to start early!'
- NOTE: This recipe vendor sells the recipes that let you create unique barter items. The output items are traded for reputation with the Guild.
- Melongene Took offers many important recipes
Spiall is in the Scholar's Guild-hall in Rivendell.
Ethel Applegarth has directed you to speak with Spiall to look at what recipes he sells.
- Melongene Took: 'You should speak with Spiall.'
- Spiall: 'I'm the vendor you should come to when you're ready to reap your rewards. I might not have anything you can use just yet, but my recipes will be available once you advance your reputation with us!
- 'The goods that you can make from my recipes are far superior to any other recipe you find and will guarantee the utmost success in crafting. Make sure you come back again once you reach Acquaintance level with the Scholar's Guild!'
- NOTE: The improved recipes sold at this vendor are the rewards for gaining reputation with the Guild.
- Spiall offers advantageous rewards for members of the Scholar's Guild