"As the webs of Shelob's children rise over Cirith Ungol, tremors beneath the Ephel Dúath grow more terrible with each passing moment. What horrors now stir within the depths of the Tower?"
In an attempt to warn the Gúrzyul of Shelob's growing wrath and secure Cirith Ungol, Legolas has decided to allow an emissary of Rûkhor the Pale Herald the opportunity to escape by distracting Shelob's brood at the Under-gate.
- Talk to Legolas in the Tower of Cirith Ungol
Legolas is standing in the Tower of Cirith Ungol.
You and Legolas plan to distract the spiders of Shelob's brood at the Under-gate to allow Belzagar to send word to Ugrukhôr and Rûkhor the Pale Herald. You should speak to Legolas when you are prepared.
- Legolas: '<name>, we have nearly made it to the Under-gate, but I fear the worst lies ahead of us. The tremors now shake the entire tower, and I fear it might crash down upon us at any moment.
- 'We must move swiftly, but carefully, Webs choke the door and tunnels of the tower, and we could easily fall into a spider's trap!'
- Legolas turns to Belzagar.
- 'Do not dare to deceive us, Man. Both of us are skilled enough to defeat you on our own! Send word to your masters as we bid, and you may still survive Shelob's wrath!'
- Legolas turns back to you.
- 'No matter the danger, Belzagar must reach the gate. Are you prepared, my friend?'
- Legolas says, 'We must find a path through the webs!'
- Legolas says, 'Swiftly now, this way!'
- Find a path through the Tower of Cirith Ungol
You are searching for a path to the tower-gate with Legolas. Remain on guard.
- You have come to the Under-gate, and a path out of the tower lies open before it!
- Legolas says, 'The way is clear!'
- Legolas says, 'Go now, and deliver my message to your masters!'
- Belzagar, Emissary of the Pale Herald says, 'I have nothing to say to you, Elf.'
- Belzagar, Emissary of the Pale Herald says, 'I shall do as you have bidden, but only for the good of Mordor!'
- Legolas says, 'Were the circumstances different, you would not have had the chance!'
- Legolas says, 'Now go!'
- Stand against Shelob's children at the Under-gate
You have come to the Under-gate and should now guard Belzagar's escape from Cirith Ungol.
- Legolas says, 'I hear them approaching! Prepare yourself!'
- Shelob's children flee back beyond the Under-gate toward the tunnels of Torech Ungol!
- Legolas says, 'Their numbers falter! We must press the attack!'
- Pursue Shelob's children into Torech Ungol
Shelob's children have fled back beyond the Under-gate toward the tunnels of Torech Ungol. You should pursue them and prevent more from entering the Tower of Cirith Ungol.
- Legolas says, '<name>, above us! Look out!'
- You suddenly notice green eyes leering at you in the shadows above!
You have been cornered in the depths of Cirith Ungol by the ancient spider Saernaston. You must defeat him if you hope to escape!
- Wounded and fearful, Saernaston flees into the tunnels of Torech Ungol...
- Legolas says, 'Our foe flees!'
- Legolas says, 'It returns, but wait...it is wrapped in webs!'
- You hear the cracking of Saernaston's carapace and terrible screeches echoing from the tunnels of Torech Ungol!
- Legolas says, 'Shelob!'
- Talk to Legolas at the Under-gate
Legolas is standing near the shattered remains of the Under-gate.
Saernaston appears to have been devoured by Shelob herself. Belzagar has fled the tower, and now you and Legolas should as well.
- Legolas: 'Belzagar has gone, and our hope now lies with him! We can do no more here!
- Shelob comes! We must leave this place at once!'
Instance: Gnats in Her Net
- Legolas: We must go at once!