Ivar the Blood-hand is a Gaunt-lord, a being of great and dark power, made in mockery of the Wizard Radagast the Brown. He is weakened at the moment, not only by his meddling with Radagast, but also as he continues to raise his army of Dead within the bounds of Garth Agarwen.
- Defeat Ivar the Blood-hand without destroying his banners
- Do not destroy Ivar's despaired banner-wight
- Do not destroy Ivar's wrathful banner-wight
Ivar the Blood-hand must fall. His strength must fade, and he must become what he should have been all along: a memory of a bygone age. His strength is born of raising the Dead and returning those that have fallen back to battle.
This is his role, and stopping him from achieving this role, no matter how minutely, will see that the mark of his hand is removed from the land. To do this, you must ensure that his banners remain so that at his death his power is split between them.
- Ivar the Blood-hand says, "By the Eye and the Iron Crown, I call you forth to command this host and rise again in unending service to Angmar and her enemies."
- Ivar the Blood-hand says, "Rise again from this flesh, infuse it with putrescence, and rise a wretched fiend."
- Defender of Ost Guruth says, "Yeaaaa!"
- Ivar the Blood-hand says, "Rise, servant. Rise and fulfill your oath to the Red-maid, to Angmar, and to your lord, Ivar."
- Ivar the Blood-hand says, "A new wretch come to fill our ranks, my maiden. And by the smell of living flesh your servant will be tested quickly."
- Ivar the Blood-hand says, "Kneel before your better, <name>!"
- Defeated Ivar the Blood-hand