Patch Notes - Vol III Book 1.1
Of Special Note
The Anniversary Token Collection event has been revamped! Tokens can now be collected throughout all of Middle-earth. Tokens will now drop from the appropriate monsters as follows:
- Tin Token – level 1-10
- Iron Token – Level 11-21
- Silver Token – Level 22-32
- Gold Token – Level 33-42
- Platinum Token – Level 43-52
- Ancient Silver Token – Level 53-59
- Ancient Gold Token – Level 60-65
Note: Ancient Gold Tokens will drop for Monster Players. These can be exchanged for an Ashen Skull Box. In addition, Free Players may also exchange the Ancient Gold Tokens in the Ettenmoors. These gift boxes will have a slightly different loot pool and will include Spirit Stones as well as Cosmetic Items that will not be available in gift boxes from other vendors. Tokens and Gift Boxes have also been added to the Lottery System! Beginning April 26, check my.lotro.com often for your chance to win tokens, gift boxes and other items.
Writ of Virtue
The Writ of Virtue: This special scroll will show the Bards that you know the value of revelry and celebration! The Writ grants a passive skill that gives you a 20 percent discount with Bards all across Middle-earth. Starting on April 26th and running throughout the celebration, we’re giving all current, new and returning subscribers a special gift: the Writ of Virtue, a reward for loyalty and a steadfast heart. But you have to come to the party to get your gift; make sure to log into the game between April 26 and June 30th for this token of our appreciation. Note: You must have space available in your Character’s inventory for the writ to be granted. Please confirm that you have free space (more than one slot is recommended)available before you log out on Sunday April 25.
The Spring Festival has returned for a limited time.
Players will be able to complete all the Spring Festival events from April 26 - May 3. In addition, Will Peartree has returned and will now barter for your choice of Spring Steed or Blue Roan steed at the correct price.
Full Release Notes
- Addressed an unintended gameplay issue.
- Addressed a number of Typos.
- Addressed an issue that was causing Blade-wall not to dispel the Fighting Dirty buff.
- Added Sound the Attack/Horn of Gondor to skills that dispel the Fighting Dirty buff.
- The Champion's Armour of the Deathstorm 5 set bonus actually generates a Fervour pip whenever the Champion scores a Critical Hit, not 10% of the time as described.
- The Guardian skill Turn the Tables now applies Conjunction Stun as its target effect. The stun it applies can no longer be avoided or removed.
- Warrior's Fortitude is now properly enhanced by the Brave Heart trait.
- The heal from Mischievous Delight will now be increased properly when under the effects of "Inspired Greatness". Thanks for the bug, Ryswald!
- The Shield-brother skill has had its proper effect icons returned.
- War-speech induction is now protected by Lyric of the Hammerhand
- Continual Air-lore has been adjusted as follows:
- No longer toggled off by stuns.
- No longer toggles off when mounting.
- Toggles off it your target desummons (e.g. Pets, Skirmish Soldiers).
- Increased range.
- Absorbs all damage types.
- Unerring Strike now has sound!
- Fall to Flame now has a 20% chance to deal its damage like the other Fall to X skills.
- The resistance boost for Wargs and Black Arrows now correctly displays +780 Tactical Resistance instead of +720 Tactical Resistance.
- The buffs in MonsterPlay, Akulhun's Challenge and Lainedhal's Call to Arms, now allow Defence Ratings and other effects to also reduce damage.
- Titles granted by being in a Tribe can now be displayed again. Thanks for the bug, Khronus!
- A number of Skirmish Cosmetics that were showing up on the trait UI, but not purchasable on the vendor, have been removed from the UI.
- Rescue in Nurz Gashu:
- Corunir will no longer randomly appear across the arena.
- Golodir will no longer be targeted by soldiers.
- Retake Weathertop:
- Fixed some cases where Rigul could break if dealt large damage quickly.
- Breaching the Necromancer's Gate:
- Defeating Doraz will open the gate.
- Battle in the Tower:
- Lanterns now only appear when useable.
Raids & Instances
- The Lieutenant of Dol Guldur will no longer choose fixated targets to terrify, and the Felbeast will no longer choose terrified targets to fixate on.
- Medallion rewards for completing the challenges in the Dungeons and Stables of Dol Guldur have had their rewards re-adjusted to pre-book 3 levels.
- Players will gain additional medallions the first time they complete the Dungeons and Stables of Dol Guldur each day.
- Fixed an issue where campfire kit recipe scrolls were not filtering properly in Novice and Expert Cook vendor windows. These recipes will now show up correctly when filtering by profession tier.
- A bug was introduced for some Supreme Cook's Guild Cooked Food recipes which resulted in these recipes requiring far fewer ingredients than intended. The following recipes have been updated and now need the full amount of required ingredients to be executed:
- Superior Rack of Lamb with Mint Sauce Recipe
- Superior Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- Superior Bread and Jam Recipe
- Superior Lothlórien Waybread Recipe
- Superior Golden Wood Roast Recipe
- Superior Galadhrim Ration Recipe
- Certain advanceable Item Advancement effects were erroneously displaying before identification of the item. These will no longer display on IA items until the items are identified.
- Captain’s Words of Courage Morale cost will now correctly reduce the morale cost of Words of Courage. This legacy was inadvertently left off the list of removed legacies.
The Inn League
- Delivery quests have been revamped!
- They're now repeatable.
- Each quest is bestowed in a more centralized location, and does not rely upon finding each NPC out in the world.
- Each quest now gives negative rep to the Ale Association and Vice-versa. (yeah i went there.)
- Will Peartree (the festival horse reward vendor at Hengstacer Farm) has seen the error of his ways! He now sells the Document of Mount Ownership for the correct price.
- No more erroneous mail for completing your Spring Sprung Deed!
Summer Festival Sneak Peek
- There is a new horse available for the summer festival: "The Pale Golden Summer Steed."
- New rewards have been added to the Summer Festival, the Inn League faction vendors, and the Ale Association faction vendors.
- A Spring Festival Horse Vendor will be hanging out during the SUMMER festival to extend the offer of rewards that were held up by a bug from the Spring Festival.
Graphics, Animation, and FX
- All two handed weapons with a Slayer effect will now glow when their target is nearby.
- Shields will no longer grow larger when they are sheathed on your back.
- The set bonus from 5 pieces of the Far Arrow set now functions correctly.
- Armour of the Wall, the Warden's Dol Goldur armour set, now has a functional 5 set bonus. It was changed to Shield Mastery having a chance to apply a melee damage bonus to the Warden.
- The meta deeds for the following clusters are now in game:
- The quests, Verity Tyne has lost her ring and Barton Tyne has lost his ring can now be completed.
- Thoughts Left Behind is now completeable.
- Éin should no longer hit for thousands of points of damage, she no longer has the shadow skills.
- Tireless foe is now soloable as we removed the Gorthorog at the top of the ramps.
- Removed the Gorthorog who could force you out of the channeling state in which you are carrying the Palantír.
- The Garth Agarwen quest "Oakheart's Plight” will no longer fail on logout.