Jump to navigation Jump to search
the Chat Window
- "Chat channels" are the primary communications mechanism a new player will encounter.
- The chat system is found as a quite obvious box in the lower left corner of your screen when you first log into the game.
- By default, the "Chat Log" or "Chat Window" has three "tabs" - General, Combat and IMs -- across the top and a scroll bar. It can be resized and the sequence of the tabs re-ordered, or separated into individual windows by dragging them.
The Combat Log
- The Combat Tab in the LOTRO chat system is often called the Combat Log.
- By default, the filters contain entries identified as:
- Combat Enemy
- Combat Event
- Combat Player
- While you can add other filters, it is not recommended as these three generate quite a bit of text during the course of any given combat.