Jump to navigation Jump to search
Icons for Items on Lotro-Wiki should be named as follows:
File:Typename ## (quality)-icon.png
- Typename is a description of the type of item (e.g. "One-handed Hammer", "Light Head", "Warden's Shield")
- ## is a numeric counter for the style of icon
- quality is the quality description in all lowercase (e.g. "common", "uncommon", "rare", "incomparable", "epic")
The colour of the item icon determines the quality (see table at right).
At Lotro-Wiki we try to use "generic icons" as much as possible, rather than one icon per item.
- Icons are grouped by design (the Style on each row) and quality (the columns). There may be different variants depending upon shadow and blue highlight. These are still grouped by the same basic style, with an extra number in the name. For example, (Rare) and (Rare 1) could be used for versions with and without shadow.
- When creating a new item, try to use an existing icon from the Generic Icons table if you can find a match.
- Check the similar tables (e.g. light, medium or heavy) for a match. Do not create multiple copies of icon on each table.
- If there is no match to a Generic Icon, then if there is a match to a Specific Icon, that icon should be made into a Generic Icon.
- If there is no match at all, then upload the new icon and make it Generic following the naming standard above.
|Armour Icon Usage Index
|Icons: Hats & Helms • Shoulders, Shoulder Guards & Pauldrons • Cloaks • Armours & Robes • Gloves & Gauntlets • Leggings • Shoes & Boots • Shields|