Icons for Items on LOTRO-Wiki should be named as follows:
File:Typename ## (quality)-icon.png
- Typename is a description of the type of item (e.g. "One-handed Hammer", "Light Head", "Warden's Shield")
- ## is a numeric counter for the style of icon
- quality is the quality description in all lowercase (e.g. "common", "uncommon", "rare", "incomparable", "epic")
The color of the item icon determines the quality (see table at right).
At LOTRO-Wiki we try to use "generic icons" as much as possible, rather than one icon per item.
- When creating a new item, try to use an existing icon from the Generic Icons table if you can find a match.
- If there is no match to a Generic Icon, then if there is a match to a Specific Icon, that icon should be made into a Generic Icon.
- If there is no match at all, then upload the new icon and make it Generic following the naming standard above.
|Armour Icon Usage Index|
|Icons: Hats & Helms • Shoulders, Shoulder Guards & Pauldrons • Cloaks • Armours & Robes • Gloves & Gauntlets • Leggings • Shoes & Boots • Shields|
As a finding and sorting aid, the icons in this section are roughly divided into two numbering groups based upon the visual appearance of the icon. Icons displaying waist up are armour, while ankle length are robes. Anything in between is based on best guess and visual appearance. This sorting has no relationship to in-game usage as icons are interchangable.