Talk:Main Page/Archive feb22
There's been an increase in spammers and vandals recently so i've turned on a cheesy check for when you create an account, after a bad login, or if you add a URL to a page. --Lotroadmin 17:39, 10 June 2007 (PDT)
Main Page Changes
I will be implementing the following changes:
- Bump down the later section of the main "free resource..." info with a line-break so it looks better.
- Rename "Quests" to "Instances & Quests" with appropriate links
- Remove "Quests" below "Quests" header - two links.
- "Session Play" will be moved under "Quests & Instances", seems more appropriate
- No page information what-so-ever for Game Play, other than links? Removing the link, at least for now.
- World page information looks bad - lots of headlines with little to no information. Removing link for now.
- "Creatures" is listed twice. Should be removed from Misc.
- Housing added to the main page.
I'm also thinking of the following changes:
- "Guides" and/or "Builds" sections for the Character Classes. Note "Game Guide:Burglar" should be a "Class Guide".
- "Guides" section for Monster Players, with a nice introduction and how-to.
- Re-ordering the headlines: Game Guides, Game Play, World, Crafting, Instances & Quests, Misc.
- Bump "Moster Play Quests" over to the "Monster Play" section as "Quests". --Fedaykin 01:14, 13 January 2008 (PST)
- Just copy main page to Main Page/V4 and implement all the changes there, or even put a proposal here as we did by the last revamp... --Xander 16:07, 13 January 2008 (PST)
- I got the V4 set up, but most of the content pages that I would like to modify are in fact on separate articles being called by the MP. Any way I can do this other than having to create copies of those as well? --Fedaykin 15:41, 16 January 2008 (PST)