Eastern Rohan, also referred to as Eastemnet, contains the eastern plains of the kingdom of Rohan.
- Level: 75-85
- Factions: Men of the Entwash Vale, Men of the Norcrofts, Men of the Sutcrofts & Men of the Wold
- Introduced: The Lord of the Rings Online: Riders of Rohan, Riders of Rohan. Update 8, Riders of Rohan - October 15, 2012
Originally the Gondorian province of Calenardhon, the land north of the White Mountains was gifted by Steward Cirion to Eorl of the Northmen in 2510 (Third Age). Eorl had led his men through great hardship from the far north to the aid of Gondor, and Cirion gave him the wide green lands of Calenardhon in recognition of his aid, swearing eternal friendship between old Gondor and the new land of Rohan.
Rohan's history was one of conflict and war; with the Orcs of the White Mountains to their south, the Dunlendings to the west, and ultimately with Saruman in Nan Curunír in the fortress of Isengard in the tower of Orthanc to the northwest .
Nonetheless, the line of the Kings of Rohan stretched from Eorl's time to the War of the Ring and beyond. The Kings sat in the Golden Hall of Meduseld in Edoras, built by Eorl's son Brego. At the time of Gondor's greatest need, they kept the Oath of Eorl, and rode to the aid of their ancient allies at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.
Rohan is divided into two regions - Eastern Rohan and Western Rohan
Boromir's Glade, Parth Galen, Amon Hen, Tol Brandir, and the Falls of Rauros
- The East Wall is a content zone directly connected to the Epic storyline
- This content is intended for level 75/76 characters continuing the Epic story into Rohan.
- The zone is designed to be completable without using Mounted Combat.
- The Wold is the initial, area for East Rohan.
- Norcrofts is the first fully-mounted combat oriented zone in East Rohan -- solo-friendly.
- This content is designed for characters level 78 to 80.
- This zone is a Mounted Combat based content area.
- This content is intended for level 83 to 85 characters.
- This is a mounted combat oriented zone.
- This content is intended for character levels 79 to 81.
- This zone is a non-mounted combat based content area.
- An Ent named Ashlimb at 41.3S, 70.9W, just inside the tree line of Eaves of Fangorn from Entwash Vale, will have your first quest.
- This content is intended for level 82 characters.
A note on Quest Sequencing.
- Most of the quests in East Rohan are "sequenced." That is to say, you must complete certain other quests before you will be offered a particular quest.
- Intermixed with the "normal quest lines" are those of the Epic Volume III. One is not required for the completion of the other.
- The notable exception being the acquisition of one's War-steed, the North Wold Quests, also known as the Langhold Quest Arc. Both quest lines intersect and require these quests for completion.
|The North Wold Quests (Including the Langhold Quest Arc)|
The Langhold Quest Arc (series of quests):
NPC: Stable Guard (Directs you to Seoca)
|East Wall Quests|
Quest Sequencing - When entering Rohan via Volume 3: Book 7 Chapter 6: A Journey by Boat the Epic quest line interweaves with multiple "local" Quest Hubs. While not necessary to complete any of these "local" quests to follow the Epic line and to move on to obtain one's Warhorse, they do afford experience roughly equal to 1.5 levels if all are completed.
East Wall: Epic Quest line
"Local" quests in the East Wall by Quest Hub and NPC
Mansig's Encampment (Quest Hub)
Dead Orc Glade (Quest Hub)
The Under-wall (Quest Hub)
Parth Galen (Quest Hub)
An Unusual Migration
Back in Snowbourn:
|Entwash Vale Quests|
|Eaves of Fangorn Quests|
- Additionally, the Epic Quest line continues throughout East Rohan:
|Volume III, Book 7: A Fellowship Endangered|
Vol. III. Book 7: A Fellowship Endangered
Next: Volume III, Book 8
|Volume III, Book 8: Into the Riddermark|
Vol. III. Book 8: Into the Riddermark
Next: Volume III, Book 9
|Volume III, Book 9: The Third Marshal|
Vol. III. Book 9: The Third Marshal
Next: Volume III, Book 10
|Volume III, Book 10: Snows of Wildermore|
Vol. III. Book 10: Snows of Wildermore
Vol. III. Interlude: The Grey Company
- You may turn in completed tasks to any Tasks Bulletin Board in the East Rohan region.
East Rohan Task Board Locations
The tasks acquired in the East Rohan region can be turned in to any Tasks Bulletin Board in the region.
East Rohan Tasks itemized
- Task: Stubby Beaks
- Task: Weathered Beaks
- Task: Split Branches
- Task: Tinted Carpaces
- Task: Speckled Ears
- Task: Contorted Ears
- Task: Fetid Filth
- Task: Marked Fur
- Task: Silky Fur
- Task: Unkempt Fur
- Task: Sharp Scales
- Task: Punctured Shields
- Task: Shattered Clubs
- Task: Ripped Cloaks
- Task: Blotchy Skins
- Task: Stained Skins
- Task: Decorative Sword Sheaths
- Task: Ornate Sword Sheaths
- Task: Fuzzy Wings
- Task: Bent Wings
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of East Rohan|
|Settlements:||Cliving • Eaworth • Elthengels • Faldham • Feldburg • Floodwend • Garsfeld • Harwick • Hytbold • Langhold • Mansig's Encampment • Parth Galen • Snowbourn • Thornhope|
|Areas:||The East Wall • Eaves of Fangorn • Entwash Vale • Norcrofts • Sutcrofts • The Wold|
|Landmarks:|| The East Wall: The Argonath • Amon Hen • Dead Orc Glade • The Falls of Rauros • The Hissing Pit • The North-guard • The South-guard • The Sutcrofts Barricade • The Tindrock • The Under-wall|
Eaves of Fangorn: Black Heart • Defiled Pool • Fogwater • Hale-gap • Silkenhold • Sweetmead • Thrug-unur • Treebeard's Hill • White Hand Encampment
|Regions of Rhovanion|
|East Rohan (Wildermore) • The Great River • Lothlórien • Mirkwood • Moria • West Rohan (Entwood)|