Cosmetic Pets are NPCs which can be summoned to accompany characters throughout Middle-earth. They are similar to non-combat pets, with the exception that characters of any class can earn them. Opening the respective Tome grants a toggle skill which allows the cosmetic pet to be summoned. These pets can be active alongside Captain and Lore-master pets and remain visible during combat. The pet can be renamed with the console command /cpet rename NAMEHERE. Cosmetic pets exist in your game client rather than on the server, and other players can hide pets under the Options menu.
Introduced in Update 13, huorn pets are a possible reward for completing incremental quests in the Entwood or by bartering with Quickbeam.
Black Huorn with Honeycomb
Introduced shortly after Update 13.1, cosmetic chicken pets are bartered during Hobnanigans for either a single rare token or a sum of Hobnanigans tokens.
Possible drop for completing quests during Spring Festival 2014.
Bartered from Yule festival.
Awarded to players who donate to the 2014 Extra Life fundraiser.
A number of cosmetic pets were to be added with Update 14, and rewarded as part of the Western Gondor region.
A cosmetic pet version of the Domesticated Cave-claw is available for barter when the Treasure Hunt is active.
The Dead Marshes
With Update 14.2 - The Dead Marshes players will be able to collect and barter frog pets in The Dead Marshes.
With update 15.2 there will be new Roving Threat Quartermaster NPCs, players will be able to collect and barter frog pets with the Roving Threat Quartermaster.
A number of cosmetic pets were to be added with Update 15 - Gondor Aflame, and can be bartered for in Central Gondor region.
New types of of cosmetic pets have been added with Update 16, and can be bartered for in the Eastern Gondor region (with a Quartermaster of the Rangers of Ithilien).
The Ballad of Bingo Boffin
With Update 16.2, new cosmetic pet were added, and can be bartered for with Bert Bartleby, the Bingo Badge Barterer.
Miniature Grodbog Warrior
A new cosmetic pet was added with Update 17 and can be obtained from the Quartermaster (Defenders of Minas Tirith) at the Great Gate of Minas Tirith.
A new cosmetic pet was added with Update 18.1 - May 16, 2016, and can be bartered for at the Quartermaster (Riders of Rohan) at the War-stead of the King's Men in Taur Drúadan [45.5S, 27.3W] region.
The Little Mûmak Pet and the Loyal Swan-knigth were added with Update 18.2 - July 5, 2016 The Mûmak can only be obtained from the LOTRO Store while the Swan-knight is a drop from the Throne of the Dread Terror 12-man raid.
Summer Festival 2016
2 new cosmetic pet were added with Summer Festival 2016, and can be bartered for from Dill Goodchild at The Party Tree in The Shire [29.8S, 71.6W].
Harvest Festival 2016
3 new cosmetic pet were added with Harvest Festival 2016, and can be bartered for from a Fall Festival Trader who can be found at the Festival Grounds during Harvest Festivals.
- These pets can be obtained from the Herbalist (Host of the West - Henneth Annûn) or the Herbalist (Host of the West - Camp of the Host) in North Ithilien
North Ithilien Quartermasters
- This pet can be obtained from the any of the following Quartermaster's once you achieved the Rank of Kindred.
- Quartermaster (Host of the West - Aragorn's Pavilion)
- Quartermaster (Host of the West - Henneth Annûn)
Yule Festival 2016
2 new cosmetic pet were added with Yule Festival 2016, and can be bartered for Alex Grey in Winter-home during the Yule Festival.
- ↑ http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com/2014/04/30/update-13-1-bullroarer-release-notes/
- ↑ http://www.tentonhammer.com/lotro/update-13
- ↑ http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/05/lord-of-the-rings-online-patch-offers-more-cosmetic-pet-options/
- ↑ http://tweaklotro.wordpress.com/2014/05/17/cosmetic-pet-options/
- ↑ http://cstm.mymiddleearth.com/2014/05/how-to-rename-your-pet-shrew/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/rickheaton/status/484051162363355136