Talk:Virtue effects table
I really would like the text direction to be vertical on the column headers - anyone know syntax for this?--Nemmerle 13:33, 10 April 2007 (PDT)
Hmmm...after rereading the Traits page a bit, i can see that this page should have been titled Virtues effects table, rather than Traits. I'm not a pro on renaming stuff - anyone care to explain how to rename a page short of copying the code into a new link? I'd like to know how to do it.--Nemmerle 06:07, 11 April 2007 (PDT)
- I only worked this out recently - use the move tab ^. DancesInTrees 07:32, 11 April 2007 (PDT)
- Excellent, thanks! All fixed.--Nemmerle 08:41, 11 April 2007 (PDT)
Just popping in to say that we need to update this asap at release as there are many websites with incorrect data. Let's keep this one as the definitive one.
Other than that, kudos to the gent who made this, you did a great job! Atal 14:55, 11 April 2007 (PDT)
- What sort of update are you considering? Are we expecting any changes to the which Virtues affect which characteristics? Also, does anyone know why there's no Virtue with Power Regen In Combat bonus? I wonder if there are undiscovered virtues out there. :) --Nemmerle 09:16, 12 April 2007 (EDT)
This area as a whole still has gaps, so I'll be double checking the whole list from the 14th of April - but my comment was mostly a congrats to the person who made the list up-to-date in the first place : ) Atal 11:02, 12 April 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks Atal - the appreciation is welcome. I constructed the table because I found I needed the data organized that way - the Wiki is an ideal tool for just this kind of data sharing. The table was constructed by visiting each of the pages for the Virtues in this wiki and recording which character attributes were listed as affected. If any of those pages have errors, this table will have errors, and if any Virtues were not listed on the Traits page, they are missing. When you say the area as a whole has gaps, do you mean Virtues? this table? Traits in general? I recommend the Traits talk page - there has been a lot of discussion on how to organize such complex information, and your input there will be valued. /cheers! ---Nemmerle
The colors are coming, the colors are coming!
I used three colors (green, light green and lighter green) to encode at a glance how good each virtue is for each stat it affects. This is very useful when you want to decide which virtues to give your character depending on which role you want him/her to fulfil. --Tekahera 19:20, 10 May 2007 (PDT)
- The shading is a good idea, but the color differences are too subtle. I'm not color blind, having passed many such tests easily, yet even to me those shades of green are pretty similar. It almost appears that there are two shades vice three. --Broogen 15 May 2007
- Yeah, I agree but I tried with darker colors and it looks really bad. It's no longer virtue-effects-at-a-glance, it becomes some kind of random mosaic and the eye doesn't make much sense of it. Tekahera
Shouldn't there be a row for Tactical Vulnerability [TV]? I noticed this when looking at the Compassion trait which shows as Magic Vulnerability and not as TV. The chart is a great idea. Good work. --BernieTime 06:28, 29 July 2008 (PDT)
I added a table with the rows and columns sorted to make the stats line up. There are some irregularities in the data which can now be clearly seen. These need to be verified. Lxsli
missing trait check?
Updated for RoI
I updated this page for RoI (it was linked to on the forums, and I thought it'd be really useful to have a sortable table for it). I'd really like someone else to look it over and double-check it - I've been staring it for long enough that the word 'virtue' doesn't seem like a real word anymore. I kind of wavered about putting in the second table - I thought it'd be useful to see how an individual virtue ranks its traits, but it feels messy in comparison to the top table. Opinions? Kadi (talk) 12:47, 17 January 2012 (EST)
Candidate for merge/deletion
I propose that we merge/delete this page in favor of using the table that already exists on the Virtues page to mitigate duplication of effort and information. However, I am hesitant to delete this page outright as it has >91k views over its five-year history and might have some other purpose that I am unaware of. Is there any reason that we should keep this page, perhaps for transclusion purposes? Neum (talk) 05:56, 16 April 2012 (EDT)
- I would argue that having a sortable table is important, though it does need to be updated to rank 14. No complaints about merging, though. It's not currently transcluded anywhere else, and I don't know that it ever would be. Kadi (talk) 23:38, 16 April 2012 (EDT)
- It's possible that an external link points here. Sometimes it's worth leaving redirects for that reason. I don't see any reason not to merge though, if the sortable table is desirable. I doubt I would use it, personally. I might argue for adding a table of contents to the Virtue page, since it's getting so long. -- Elinnea (talk) 00:17, 17 April 2012 (EDT)