Talk:LOTRO Store Bonus Character Slot
- This is an interesting question. Originally on Bullroarer, if you bought the unlock, you were not shown the bundle. However, I have noted that on the live if you did the reverse - bought the bundle, that the store still showed you the unlock. I don't know if this is WAI or a bug, or an "oops we screwed up, but if we don't say anything nobody will notice."
- After buying the bundle on live, the Beorning-only unlock does not appear in the store for me. Someone in /world who unlocked the Beorning said the bundle does appear in the store for him/her (probably because the character slot is unique like the 2 slots with Moria). -Laineth (talk) 05:14, 10 November 2014 (UTC)
This is the status of character slots as of Update 15: See also: VIP#Account_type_comparison_table
- Any "typical" (i.e. F2P) account starts with 2 character slots and can purchase up to 16 more "Bonus Character Slots" from the in-game LOTRO Store, for a total of 18.
- Any Premium account starts with 3 character slots and can purchase up to 15 more from the in-game LOTRO Store, for a total of 18.
- Any VIP account starts with 5 character slots and can purchase up to
1513 more from the in-game LOTRO Store, for a total of 18.
- These all show up as individual character slot purchases in the store.
- All three account types can purchase the Mines of Moria expansion at any time and add two additional character slots to their account for a total maximum of 20.
- These two character slots are ONLY available if you purchase the expansion. You do not get them if you simply unlock either the Rune-keeper or Warden or both.
- You CAN unlock the RK and Warden AND purchase the Expansion - effectively paying for the RK and Warden TWICE.
- All three account types can purchase the Beorning/Slot bundle and add one additional character slot for a total maximum of 21.
- These two expansions to the number of character slots are listed independently of the "Bonus Character Slot" expansions in the LOTRO Store.
- What remains unverified is -- Once you have unlocked the Beorning (without the bundle), will the Store show you the Beorning+character slot bundle -- in effect asking you to pay for the class unlock TWICE! I think not, but do not know, since I bought the bundle. Or does the Store have a separate "additional slot beyond the limit" purchase option. I do not have my character slots maxed, so I cannot tell. All I see are the "standard" character slot unlocks.
- The VIP total is in question. You state it starts with 5 and can buy +15, which equals 20, not 18. Which value is correct? Also, per my comment in the other section, yes the LotRO Store offers the Beorning & Char Slot Bundle despite having already unlocked the Beorning race/class. So you can purchase the Beorning twice. I have not reached max char slots so cannot comment further. -- Squirmier (talk) 05:32, 13 January 2015 (UTC)
Time to change
The Beorning/Slot bundle is on sale - very cheap. I went to check the price of a slot by itself and discovered I didn't have any available. So I bought the bundle, and checked I'd gone up from 47 to 48. Now I'm sure I've read 50, and yes I have the Moria expansion, and a spot of googling confirms it as a number that was mentioned during the server shenanigans. So I checked here. Which tells me 20. Okay... I read on down the page and find other numbers mentioned, almost at random. Now the historical stuff can be interesting, but imo the current should be at the top.
tl;dr - I plan to replace the text with this text User:DancesInTrees/CSlots, unless there's any major objections?
(ps if you really want to know 48 = 15 played + 30 storage + 3 not yet used :p ) DancesInTrees (talk) 15:57, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
- agree it's time for an update. i've made some changes to your proposal, mainly to split out the Moria & Beorning bundle notes into a separate section, reword the notes, format using italics and bold instead of CAPS, and add links to the specific store items under discussion.
- --Taz (talk) 12:23, 13 July 2018 (UTC)