From the result of quests
-  Volume III, Book 1 -- Chapter 4: Halros, Ranger of the Shire
-  Volume III, Book 1 -- Halros Should Go
-  Volume III, Book 1 -- Halros Should Stay
-  Volume III, Book 1 -- Chapter 5: Loose Ends in the North Downs
I guess that Halros really stayed in The Shire, right? Then this is another same-name Halros, right?
However, I also find Halros (Enedwaith) and guess he could possibly be the same as this guy. Is he? If so we should merge pages the same way others have been merged. And if this is the original hobbit-fond Halros, we should merge with that page, but if so, why did he leave when he decided to stay? -- Zimoon (talk) 11:19, 10 June 2012 (EDT)
- I just imagined that Halros (the one who stayed behind in the Shire) realized he could not protect the Hobbits from the flood of invaders that would arrive should the other rangers fail. He changed his mind and went off to join them. Or perhaps his boss told him to get on south with the rest of them. RingTailCat (talk) 12:07, 10 June 2012 (EDT)