Talk:Anniversary Celebration 2012
Don't know what you want to do with this info...
Part of the Anniversary Celebration is Gifts from Turbine based on the longevity of your account:
- Item:1-year Giftbox - Bind to toon (Unique) - cannot put in shared storage
- Item:2-year Giftbox - Bind to Account (can be put in shared storage)
- Item:3-year Giftbox - ?? (Haven't been on to check since they "fixed" the problem) - originally were Bind to Account, could be put in shared storage
- Item:4-year Giftbox - cosmetic -- bind to account, can be put in wardrobe even though vault says bound to toon.
- Item:5-year Giftbox - Bind to toon (Unique)
Every toon on your account will get the appropriate set of gift boxes. All items in the boxes are either bound to the toon or the account
Another missing thing...
Just read Turbine's -- "announcement"
Haven't finished patching yet, so I don't know if they also fixed this, but missing in the first round of all "gift boxes" are the: N- year character portrait frames and fireworks for every year.
- You have to right-click your character frame, and use the menu 'Custom Character Portraits'. It should have options for the default frame, and every year's frame you qualify for. -- JnK (talk) 15:04, 18 April 2012 (EDT)
Nasty Turbine Nasty!
If you opened 2-year gift box before today's Patch, the items are Bind to Account. If you open the box after the patch, they are now all bind to toon!!! Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC (talk) 16:01, 18 April 2012 (EDT)
- I don't think Turbine officially said why they made the change, but the speculation in the forums is that it's because before this patch you could make a new character, drop the keys in shared storage, delete, and repeat as many times as you want. So anyone with an account three years old or more would have an infinite supply of keys. As inconvenient as it might be, I think making them bound to character is a reasonable response. -- Elinnea (talk) 21:52, 18 April 2012 (EDT)
Correcto-mundo !!! (A couple of folks in my Kin discovered this fact.) Making the Keys Bind to Toon was "an acceptable response" -- however, making the potions also bind to toon was a bit much. (Nobody besides a serious F2P newbee (who wouldn't get keys anyway) would make a big deal about the potions ... although the Wound pots ... Hmmm... haven't played the Moors for ages, maybe they are the "replacement" for the old "insta-cure" pots from there!
Oh, and by the way, it turns out the "Anniversary Portraits" are also "stealth" gifts -- you get no notice of their existence (same as on acquisition of the Fireworks Horse) You must "right click" on your portrait, and you get a pop-up menu listing the available "portrait frames." Cute, but no big deal. Oh well, I was looking for something I could hang on the wall in my house! Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC (talk) 13:25, 19 April 2012 (EDT)