'We are hunters, <name>, and as such we are better-suited than most to find hidden trails through the wild. But it is not easily done -- only with practice and much patience can we find the best paths.
'The Eglain know much of these ways and can give you such training as you will need if you are to find such paths in the coarse yellow grasses of the Lone-lands. Look for Trumswith, one of the Eglain that makes his home at Ost Guruth, the Ruin-hold in the Lone-lands. He will teach you how to make your way quickly through the wilderness of that place.
'I must tell you this, <name>: Trumswith will not give you this training without proof of your skill as a hunter.'
You have been encouraged to learn the wilds around Ost Guruth in the Lone-lands, so that you may better find your way there in all seasons.
Trumswith is at Ost Guruth, the Ruin-hold in the Lone-lands, far to the east of The Forsaken Inn, just north of the Great East Road.
You have been told to speak with Trumswith, one of the Eglain at Ost Guruth, who can train you in the ways of the wild.
- Hunter Trainer: 'If you would learn the ways of the Lone-lands, you should speak with Trumswith; he is of the Eglain and will give you the training you seek, if he deems you a worth hunter.
- 'Look for Trumswith at ost Guruth, the Ruin-hold in the Lone-lands.'
- Trumswith: 'Your name is <name>, and you are a Hunter? The Eglain have lived in these wilds for many a year; the ways of the wild are the ways of the Eglain. If you seek to learn of secret paths through the Lone-lands, you are right to come to me.
- 'I, Trumswith, can show you the signs that will allow you to make your way through the Lone-lands at great speed, leading the way for those in your fellowship who are not skilled in the ways of the hunt. I will do this for you if you can prove to me that you have the necessary skill. My sister Hogahild left Ost Guruth this morning. If you can find her trail, follow it until you meet with her. Ask her the name of the only beast I have ever hunted and yet spared, and I will teach you what I can.
- 'Hogahild left Ost Guruth near Unni, the dwarf stable-master by the stairs. You can speak with him to get your bearings, but will then need to find her trail on your own.'
Hogahild left Ost Guruth near Unni, the dwarf stable-master there, but is now somewhere in the wilderness of the Lone-lands.
Trumswith has challenged you to follow the trail of his sister Hogahild. If you can return to him with the name of the only beast he has hunted and spared, information known to Hogahild, he will teach you secret paths through the Lone-lands to Ost Guruth.
- Trumswith: 'I will not tell you where Hogahild has gone. You are a hunter! If you cannot follow her trail, I will teach you nothing!
- 'Unni, the dwarf stablemaster just outside Ost Guruth, likely saw here as she left. Speak with him if you need to get your bearings, but follow my sister's trail from that point will be up to you.'
- Unni: 'I did see Hogahild leave this morning. Lovely lass that Hogahild. Waved to me, she did! She was standing right over there, on those hills slightly east of here. If you're looking for her, I'd start your search to the east.'
- Subtle Tracks: The trail here is quite clear to your skilled eyesl. Whoever made this trail passed north-east.
- Subtle Tracks: The trail here is very confused, and the signs are difficult to read. You cannot tell in which directionthe trail might continue from here.
- Subtle Tracks: The trail here is quite clear. Whoever made these tracks was moving without haste eastward.
- Subtle Tracks: The trail here is very confused, and the signs are difficult to read. You cannot tell in which direction the trial might continue from here.
- Hogahild: 'Another of my brother's ridiculous challenges? Well, I must offer you my congratulations, even if I do not appreciate the stream of hunters he always sends following me on my errands! He insists that he does not do it to keep an eye on me, but I know better.
- 'Trumswith once hunted Trampletusk, a great aurochs, but when he finally encountered the beast he was so struck by its majesty that he spared his life. I understand that the beast has left these lands now, but I do not know where it might have gone.
- 'Return to my brother in Ost Guruth, and tell him of Trampletusk; he will know that your hunt has been successful. I hope too that he will cease with these silly challenges! You hunters have enough to do without following me!'
Trumswith is in Ost Guruth, the Ruin-hold in the Lone-lands.
You have followed her trail to Hogahild, the sister of Trumswith, and she told you the name of the only beast her brother has hunted and spared: the aurochs known as Trampletusk. You should return now to Trumswith with this information and he will teach you what he knows about the wild paths of the Lone-lands.
- Hogahild: 'Return now to my brother Trumswith, and he will give you whatever reward he promised. You will find him at ost Guruth, our Ruin-hold here in the Lone-lands.'
- Trumswith: 'You speak of Trampletusk? Very good, <name>! You have followed the trail of my sister and proven yourself of worthy skill!
- 'I will teach you what you must know of finding your way in the Lone-lands. You will now be able to show your fellowship the quickest paths to return to Ost Guruth. You have earned my respect, and I will repay you with these teachings.'