|Area:||The Delving Fields|
The is the Shire's museum of mathoms, and the home of the Mathom Society. Among the most prestigious items in the collection of the Mathom-house was the mithril corslet of Bilbo Baggins, until he removed it and took it and his sword Sting with him when he left the Shire on September 22, 3001 III.
The Mathom Society members enjoy many lavish feasts, and they routinely need to restock their supply of various foods and drinks. Cooks who donate these delicacies can gain reputation with the Society. The Mathom-house offers adventurers in good standing with the Society the use of a Workbench and a Superior Study. See the Mathom Society for further details.
- Note: the interior is named "The Mathom House" but the world map is naming it "Mathom-house" which is used here.
-  The Founding Writ
-  Prologue (Hobbit): Bullroarer's Club
-  Honey-roasted Chicken - Introduction - Cook
-  Seasoned Beef with Cauliflower - Introduction - Cook
-  Strawberry Dessert-wine - Introduction - Cook
-  The Call to Adventure - Episodic Content
-  Belco's Writ
-  The Last of the Fireworks
-  Prologue (Hobbit): The Quarry In Scary
-  Volume I, Book 7, Chapter 5: What is Needed
The Mathom-house barterers handle the Mathom Society items.
|Baldwin Foxtail||Reputation Barterer|
|Keeper Brombard Foxtail||Quests|
|Bungo Puddifoot||Reputation Vendor & Supplier|
|Maneser Goodbody||Reputation Vendor|
|Rue Goodbody||Expert Scholar|
Eavesdropped remarks made by Mathom-house townspersons:
- "Young hobbits these days...how will we ever open our exhibit if they are always playing games?"