MMO Player's Guide to LOTRO
Trying to keep this page facts only and keep the opinions here.
|Realm types||PvE, RP & MP||PvE, RP, PvP||PvE, RP, PvP|
|Characters per realm||5-9 & 6||10||7|
|Number of Classes||7-9 & 6||9-10||24|
|Number of Races||4 & 4||8-10||19|
|Character options||skills, traits, stats||skills, talents, glyphs, stats||skills, achievements, stats|
|Group size||6 players||5 players||6 players|
|Raid size||6/12/24 (4 fellowships)||10/25/40 (8 parties)||12/24 (4 groups)|
|Player vs Player (PvP)|
|Player vs Player||PvMP||PvP||PvP|
|Weapons, Armor, and items|
|Enhancements||Legendary Items||Sockets, Enchants||Adornments|
|Professions||10||10 & specializations||9 & 2 secondary|
|Professions allowed||3||2 & 3 secondary||1 & 1 secondary|
- Monster Play
- Also mixtures of each
- Depends on expansion owned.
- 7 total across all worlds. A maximum of 12 is available for members of Station Access
- All classes got 3 different talents tree. Making it possible to specialize the classes to play different roles in parties(group).
- In the form of Achievements
- As of "Sentinel's Fate" Expansion; In the form of Achievements
- Even though the maximum raid size is 40, the PvE part of the game is done with either 10 or 25 players (2 and 5 parties respectively)
- Earlier raids support a small 12 man raid group
- LOTRO: Free Peoples vs Army of Angmar — WoW: Horde vs Alliance — EQ2: Qeynos & Kelethin vs Freeport & Neriak vs Kunark (also Exile)
- 10% durability loss upon death, with exception of a few items.
- 10% or 5% damage upon death (depends on item type). Some skills may absorb hits in exchange for shield damage.
- But it's in form of a buff made from using a special consumable item.
- Similar to the Lotro system, however there are slots for weapons as well.
- First mount at level 20, more mount options arrive after level 35.(The Loot Bag includes a horse which is ridable at level 15, however Founders can buy the level 20 pony at level 15)
- First mount at level 20, a faster one at 40 and flying ones at 60, 70 and 77.
- Mounts are usable at level 1, however the price is high and most of the mounts require a specific guild level to be purchased.