Farmers Faire 2016
The Farmers Faire is a special event which will take place between September 1 and September 15, 2016.
As with every Farmers Faire, it is chiefly based in Bywater. In the tradition of other seasonal festivals, during the Farmers Faire players can participate in various events such as Farmer Sandson's Egg Scramble or trying to steal some of Farmer Maggot's delicious (and peculiar) mushrooms to obtain rewards such as cosmetic clothing, housing decorations and mounts.
Sober vs drunk differences:
- 'A toast to the fine farmers who made this Faire so delicious! May the hair on your toes grow thick and curly.'
- 'A toast to the fine farmers who made this Faire so delicious! May the toes in your hair grow thick and curly.'
- 'Ah, a beautiful day to celebrate the harvest. Blue skies and green grass as far as the eye can see, and the smell of fresh-picked vegetables!'
- 'Ah, a beautiful day to celebrate the harvest. Blue skies and green grass as far as the eye can see, and the smell of fresh-licked vegebles!'
- 'I burped. Pardon me!'
- 'I burped. Ha ha ha!'
- 'I came all the way from Frogmorton to taste the vittles at the Farmers Faire!'
- 'I came all the day from Frogmorton to waste the vittles at the Farmers Faire!'
- 'I got into quite a quarrel with Ted Sandyman when he told me the Gaffer's taters weren't as big as his own!'
- 'I got into quite a squirrel with Ted Sandyman when he told me the Gaffer's taters weren't as big as his own!'
- 'I made a daring trip to Farmer Maggot's field to taste a mushroom or two...but his dogs chased me away.'
- 'I made a daring trip to Farmer Maggot's field to taste a munchroom or two...but his dogs chased me away.'
- 'That mayor never stops eating! A disgusting display...but that reminds me, I am rather hungry! Where is supper?'
- 'That mayor never stops eating! A disgusting display...but that reminds me, I am rather hungry! Where is slupper?'
- 'The Farmers Faire is my favourite festival of all! I like when the farmers judge the local pigs.'
- 'The Farmers Faire is my favourite festival of all! I like when the pigs judge the local farmers.'
- 'This Faire doesn't hold a candle to Old Mad Baggins's one hundred and eleventh birthday party!'
- 'This Faire doesn't hold a candle to Old Bad Maggins's one hundred and eleventh birthday party!'
Mayor Will Whitfoot likes to eat and he's doing just that while the food is abundant. However, sometimes his appetite gets the better of him and he samples something alarming. Relieve him using items found on the table nearby based on his response to the food.
- Ack! Ss...spuh...spicy! Save me! - Milk
- Adding to this dish would spoil its taste. - Nothing
- All this eating is hard work -- exercise, if you ask me. I need to replenish. - Water
- Bland, bland, bland. - Salt
- Crisp flavour, hearty, and a clean aftertaste! - Nothing
- Dear me. It burns, it burns!! - Milk
- Did Opal forget to season this? - Salt
- First sweet, then salty, then savoury -- the flavours compliment each other well! - Nothing
- Hmm. Not quite rich enough, if you ask me. - Butter
- I must cleanse my palate. - Wine
- It just needs a dab of something.... - Butter
- It's missing a little something... - Salt
- Lovely, lovely. - Nothing
- Mmm! Whoever made this is worthy of great admiration. - Nothing
- Nice and salty, but now my mouth is dry. - Water
- Ouch!! Too much pepper! - Milk
- So...thirsty... - Water
- Something tart will do nicely right now. - Wine
- That was a nice set of flavours. - Nothing
- That was a passable meal, I suppose. - Nothing
- This bread is too dry! - Butter
- This was too fine a dish to be eaten without an accompaniment. - Wine
Manning the Market
Daisy Sandyman is overrun by customers seeking to fill orders at the market. Help her by gathering foodstuffs at the stalls around the market and fulfilling their various requests.
- A Market List - Gather ingredients on the list
- 1 green apple
- 1 loaf of white bread
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 block of sharp (orange) cheese
- A Nosey Request - Coax lazy employees back to work
- A Shopping List - Gather ingredients on the list
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 green apple
- 1 haunch of beef
- 1 loaf of white bread
- 1 red onion
- 1 block of mild (yellow) cheese
- A Vendor List - Gather ingredients on the list
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 1 pack of bacon
- 1 loaf of wheat (orange) bread
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 block of sharp (orange) cheese
- Apple-shopping - Fulfill the customer's apple order
- Fresh Savoury Mushroom Stew - Find the recipe, gather ingredients and cook the stew
- 1 Package beef from the meat stall
- 1 Handful salt from the cooking area
- 1 Bowlful of water (try the well)
- 1 Bunch fresh carrots from near the vegetable display
- 1 Large slab bacon from the shelf in the meat stall
- 2 Large bunches of mushrooms from the mushroom tent (up on the hill near the Three Farthing Stone)
- Cook at the stew pot near the oven
Restocking the Market
Because the Farmers Market is a big hit, many of the stalls need restocking. Sperling Took asks you to run an errand to one of the various farms to pick up more goods for the market within a certain time limit. To help you finish on time, he offers you a delicious pie to give you a boost in speed.
|To the Appledores: Restocking the Apple stall||Appledores||5 minutes|
|To Bamfurlong: Restocking the Mushroom Tent||Bamfurlong||6 minutes|
|To the Beehives: Restocking the Honey||The Great Willow (east of)||5 minutes|
|To Budgeford: Restocking the Bacon||Budgeford||5 minutes|
|To Cotton's Farm: Restocking Cabbages||Tom Cotton's Farm||5 minutes|
|To Longo Burrow's Farm: Restocking the Pipeweed||Longo Burrow's Farm||5 minutes|
|To Northcotton Farm: Restocking the Wine||Northcotton Market||9 minutes|
|To Sandson's Farm: Restocking the Eggs||Sandson's Farm||6 minutes|
Bywater (Fishing) Pool
|Item to Receive||Items to Trade|
|3 s||2 Big Fishes|
|3 s||5 Easy Fishes|
|3 s||4 Simple Fishes|
|3 s||3 Possible Fishes|
|3 s||2 Tricky Fishes|
|3 s||Unlikely Fish|
|3 s||5 Puny Fishes|
|3 s||5 Bad Fishes|
Sandson's Egg Scramble
At Sandson's Farm, the chickens have gone wild with all the people running around.
Chase the chickens through the yard and grab their eggs as they drop them. Collecting eggs earns you Farmers Faire Tokens; the more exotic egg, the better. Keep a watchful eye out for the elusive Golden Egg worth 50 Farmers Faire Tokens!
|Item to Receive||Item to Consume|
|Deed Egg Scramble: Collect Coloured Eggs|
|Deed Egg Scramble: Collect Spotted Eggs|
|Deed Egg Scramble: Collect Striped Eggs|
|Deed Egg Scramble: Collect the Golden Egg|
Maggot's Mushroom Hunt
In The Marish, north of Bamfurlong, Osbert Puddifoot offers a sneaky quest.
He asks you to try your hand at grabbing Farmer Maggot's mushrooms without being detected by his trusty hounds, Fang, Grip and Wolf. Collecting mushrooms earns you Farmers Faire Tokens, but beware, consuming the mushrooms can have quite interesting effects.
|Item||Effect to Receive||Item to Consume|
Inn League and Ale Association
The Inn League and the Ale Association are running their activities during the faire.
During all seasonal Festivals, Dance Leaders will teach characters up to eight special racial dances (two from each Race) by completing dance lessons. There is one Dance Leader located in each of the festival grounds of Thorin's Hall Inn and The Festival Garden in Ered Luin, The Party Tree in The Shire, and the Festival Grounds in Bree-land.
Dance lessons take place approximately every 20 minutes, and the quests are available for about 5 minutes before the dance begins. As of U20, the quest start times are random.
When the Dance Leader starts, target the leader and follow their instructions using the commands /dance1, /dance2, or /dance3 as they instruct you. The time to perform each step decreases with the quest's progression.
At the end of the lesson, the Dance Leader returns to their original position and you are able to select your reward: either the first or second dance emote from that race. Complete the lessons again to learn all the dances!
Festival Horse Races
Each festival brings exciting horse races to The Shire Race-track and the Bree-land Festival Grounds. By completing a race in time, players can win festival tokens which can be exchanged for festival rewards. Starting with Yule Festival 2012, you no longer must win a horse race to purchase exclusive festival mounts from Will Peartree at Hengstacer Farm. At the Anniversary Festival, festival mounts can also be purchased from Henry Peartree at the Bree Market Square
- [...] The Farmers Faire Has Arrived!
- [...] A Tour of the Farmers Faire
- [...] Big Fish, Little Fish
- [...] Bounder Rounds
- [...] Farmers Faire: Maggot's Mushroom Hunt
- [...] Farmers Faire: Sandson's Egg Scramble
- [...] Fat Mayor
- [...] Fishy. Very Fishy.
- [...] Hired Hook
- [...] Manning the Market
- [...] Pond, or Thief?
- [...] Restocking the Market
- [...] To the Appledores: Restocking the Apple stall
- [...] To Bamfurlong: Restocking the Mushroom Tent
- [...] To the Beehives: Restocking the Honey
- [...] To Budgeford: Restocking the Bacon
- [...] To Cotton's Farm: Restocking Cabbages
- [...] To Longo Burrow's Farm: Restocking the Pipeweed
- [...] To Northcotton Farm: Restocking the Wine
- [...] To Sandson's Farm: Restocking the Eggs
- [...] Revenge of the Drunkards
- [...] To the Horse-races
- [...] The Bree-fields Farmers Faire Run
- [...] The Delving Fields Farmers Faire Run
- At the Farmers Faire
- Egg Scramble: Collect Coloured Eggs
- Egg Scramble: Collect Spotted Eggs
- Egg Scramble: Collect Striped Eggs
- Egg Scramble: Collect the Golden Egg
- Egg Scramble Victories (Tier 1)
- Egg Scramble Victories (Tier 2)
- Fine Faire Fishing
- Full of Farmers Faire
- Helping Hand
- Maggot's Mushrooms Victories (Tier 1)
- Maggot's Mushrooms Victories (Tier 2)
Spring Festival: 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019