- Instances are clustered based on when they were released and match the Instance Finder clusters
- Instances usually have quests to complete, many of which are repeatable, as well as their own Deeds. They contain boss encounters that generally drop better loot than landscape content.
- Some instances have a set level, while others can scale up both in difficulty and rewards to match the group's level. Details for each instance are listed in the table below or see Category:Scaled Instances.
- This page only includes instances which can be run Solo (1 man), Duo (2), in a small (3) or full fellowship (6)
- Instances designed for larger groups (12 man fellowship) are known as Raids and are found on the Raids page
- Instances are similar to Skirmishes, but offer more loot and don't reward Marks. Skirmishes can be found on the Skirmishes page
- To create or update an instance page, see Template:Infobox Instances; for other locations, see Create new location.
- There are numerous other instances and dungeons not found in the Instance Finder, see Instances or Category: Regional Instances
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Ashes of Osgiliath Instances (5 C, 3 P)
- ► Battle for Helm's Deep Instances (5 P)
- ► Epic Battles (6 C, 20 P)
- ► In Their Absence Instances (5 C, 5 P)
- ► Mines of Moria Instances (9 C, 9 P)
- ► Nan Curunír Instances (5 C, 11 P)
- ► The Plateau of Gorgoroth Instances (3 C, 8 P)
- ► Rise of Isengard Instances (7 C, 15 P)
- ► World Instance Mobs (2 C)