Breaching the Necromancer's Gate
Breaching the Necromancer's Gate, is a level 65-115 skirmish, it occurs within the fortress of Dol Guldur in Mirkwood. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
The Necromancer's Gate marks the entrance to the heart of Dol Guldur's outer fortifications. To assault the fortress, the gate must fall.
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 65 and requires the completion of the quest Volume II, Book 9, Chapter 15: Assault on Dol Guldur.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
- The Breaching the Necromancer's Gate (Deed) rewards the Title: Breacher of the Necromancer's Gate
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
Random Encounter mobs:
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight your way thru the various wards of the Necromancer's Gate, as you clear the ward a large gate will open to the next.
Boss and End Fight
The boss fight against the Doraz is pretty straight forward.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
- completing quest flags or objectives
- End Boss
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes you will need to activate the last banner before the chest appears, be aware and DON'T LEAVE until after you find the boss loot or chest.
Skirmish Marks are the main rewards and currency of skirmishes. They are not stored in one's inventory; but found in the skirmish and player's wallet windows. Marks, Medallions, and Seals are used to barter at the many skirmish barterers.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- money coin like the
- Heritage Runes like the
- Relics like the
- Legendary Consumable Items like
- Legendary Crafting Components like
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems give a temporarily buff effect on yourself, or deal damage or debuff a mob
- Reputation usually about 700 points of reputation with various factions