Anniversary Celebration 2019
The 12th Anniversary
- April 24, 2019, marks the twelfth anniversary of the Lord of the Rings Online and as such special events will take place from April 19th 10am to May 19th 3am.
- An Anniversary Encore is also scheduled to run from June 7th 10am to June 18th 3am.
SSG's Official Announcement: 
- "LOTRO's 12th Anniversary is here and we want you to be a part of our celebration! We would like to extend a gift as our way of saying thank you for joining us on our journey over the last twelve years! During the Anniversary Festival, which runs from April 24th through May 19th, Premium and VIP players will be eligible to receive gifts based on their account status* as of 11:59 PM EDT on April 23rd, 2019. All active players will be able to participate in our anniversary festivities for their chance to earn rewards!
- The festival repeats the events from previous Anniversary Festivals, Anniversary account rewards have also been added for accounts created on or before April 30, 2007. Eleven sets of scavenger hunt quests are available from the Party Tree.
Anniversary Gifts and Character Portrait Frames
- Gifts are bestowed to accounts according to Account Status - see References below for a detailed explanation of Account Status.
- The gift boxes are automatically placed in the inventories of all characters on the account upon character login, provided there are enough open spaces available. If you did not have enough inventory spaces, the remaining gifts will appear upon the next login when enough spaces are open.
- Eligible players will have their new Character Portrait Frames automatically available to your characters upon login. (You must select the frame version to display.)
- One year - Accounts created on April 30, 2018, or earlier: 1-year Giftbox
- Two years - Accounts created on April 30, 2017, or earlier: 2-year Giftbox
- Three years - Accounts created on April 30, 2016, or earlier: 3-year Giftbox
- Four years - Accounts created on April 30, 2015, or earlier: 4-year Giftbox
- Five years - Accounts created on April 30, 2014, or earlier: 5-year Giftbox
- Six years - Accounts created on April 30, 2013, or earlier: 6-year Giftbox
- Seven years - Accounts created on April 30, 2012, or earlier: 7-year Giftbox
- Eight years - Accounts created on April 30, 2011, or earlier: 8-year Giftbox
- Nine years - Accounts created on April 30, 2010, or earlier: 9-year Giftbox
- 10 years - Accounts created on April 30, 2009, or earlier: 10-year Giftbox
- (permanent launcher item)
- Title: Ever On and On
- Your Monster Play character will receive:
- 11 years - Accounts created on April 30, 2008, or earlier: 11-year Giftbox
- 12 years - Accounts created on April 30, 2007, or earlier: 12-year Giftbox
- Your Monster Play character will receive:
- Anniversary Horse Trader (Located only in Bree: Henry Peartree)
- Games-master (found in multiple locations)
- Keeper of Gifts (found in multiple locations)
All Festival Deeds are found under Race & Social
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt - Auto bestowed on login when the festival is active and accompanied by an in-game mail from Waldo Rumble asking for help.
- For completing one Scavenger Hunt Quest for each of the 10 years:
- For completing all ten years' Scavenger Hunt Travel quests:
- For completing all ten years' Scavenger Hunt Trifle quests:
- For completing all ten years' Scavenger Hunt Tales quests:
- For completing the year eleven quests:
- For completing all Eriador Scavenger Hunt quests:
Events / Quests
- The Anniversary Quests are divided into two groups:
- The quest level scales to your character's level.
- The experience and monetary rewards scale based on the quest level
- Some Anniversary Event repeatable quests are repeatable on a periodic basis (they reset at 3am EST).
The Anniversary Adventure
The Anniversary Adventure Quests
- The Anniversary Adventure - Requires completion of these quests:
- Note: The gift-giving quests reset on Monday and Thursday mornings at 3 am.
- Many of the citizens of Eriador are in a gift-giving mood. They request that you deliver a certain item to a person, and in turn, that person asks you to return the favor and give a gift to another person forming a circle of quests that leads you back to the first person. You can pick up the quest at any point and the quests are repeatable every few days.
Anniversary Scavenger Hunt quests
Anniversary Scavenger Hunt
Anniversary Scavenger Hunt Quests
- After completing the final year 10 quest, decode the to arrive at the location of the final quest giver.
- The 10th scrap of paper gives you the order in which to arrange the other scraps, '... it seems to be ... 971624835 ...'
- Arranging the scraps in that orders yields a set of coordinates: to an island in Starmere Lake, whereupon one finds a Standing Stone.
- The riddle quest: The Standing Stone
From 2018 a cut down version of the Scavenger Hunt was introduced which involved locations only in Eriador accessible to players in the Legendary servers. Both quest lines are available concurrently, if the quests have not been completed.
Eriador Anniversary Scavenger Hunt
Eriador Anniversary Scavenger Hunt Quests
Cosmetic Pet Gallery
- *Account Status refers to the billing state of the account as of 11:59 PM EST on April 18th, 2018. An account may reflect a billing state of VIP, Premium, Free Player or Suspended Account Status. Rewards will be distributed based on the gift players received the previous year as well as the billing state of the account (VIP, Premium) at the time of account review at 11:59 PM EST on April 18th, 2018. Account must be in good standing to receive rewards. Rewards have no cash value. You may see all of the individual Subscriptions on a single master Account by logging into https://myaccount.standingstonegames.com/. Standing Stone Games' decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Anniversary Rewards Program. Standing Stone Games, LLC, is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telep hone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Anniversary Rewards Program, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the upgrade of accounts.
- The "Department of Strategery" has a good guide to the Scavenger Hunt or as they call it the "Befriend a Hunter Festival".
Spring Festival: 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019