This ancient fortress is located at the west-most end of the main road, at the centre of the plains of Länsi-mâ; only its eastern gates are open. Zigilgund stems from an old dwarven tongue, "zigil" means "silver" and "gund" means "excavated tunnel", but those tunnels have lain unused for long years now and it is just recently the fortress is taken into use again. The Longbeards have successfully established connections with the Lossoth against the Dourhands and the evilness pouring into Forochel from Angmar.
At Zigilgund is found a Stable-master, Milestone, Mailbox, Tasks Bulletin Board, as well as a Forge. Here are also found a Supplier & Provisioner, Healer, as well as a Burglar Trainer who has lost his fellowship and his marbles, and worse is, the burglar is burgled. Anyway, the dwarves here, as well as a Lossoth hunter, happily provide visitors with quests of all sorts.
|Pynti-peldot||Forochel||25||Min. Level: 40|
|Sûri-kylä||Forochel||25||Min. Level: 40|
|Sûri-kylä||(Swift)||Forochel||25||Min. Level: 45|
The following deeds can be obtained by visiting this place:
- Tasks Bulletin Board
Tasks: Level 44 - 45; Reputation: None
-  Wayward Hunter - Small Fellowship
-  Beastly Things
-  Feeding the Need
-  Lost My Marbles
-  Mother of Beasts
-  Where Norsu Die
-  Mika Might Know
-  Not in Hot Water
-  Scattered in the Graveyard
-  The Root of the Problem - Small Fellowship
-  Who Burgles the Burglar?
-  The City in the Ice
-  The Key to their Greed
-  Arnmórth the Exacting - Fellowship
-  Hero of the Lost
-  Dwarves and Mammoths
-  Of Great Aid
-  A Dark Day - Festivals
-  A Dark Prank - Festivals
Supplies & Services
|Kilfir||Supplier & Provisioner|
|Warstang||Burglar Trainer - Quest|
|Fotri||Task-master - Quest|
|Lófi||The Inn League - Festivals|
- Zigilgund is an ancient Dwarf-site to which the Longbeards have only recently returned. — Deed text
- "Forochel is Lossoth land, but the so-called Snow-men of the North are not the only folk to build and thrive here. In times past, wandering Dwarves have come to the lands surrounding the Ice Bay in search of ground to excavate and new treasures to unearth. These Dwarf-miners of old built what icy ruins can be found throughout Forochel, even be found within the forbidding glacier of Jä-kuru. Most of these ruins have lain empty for years and are only now being warmed again by the fires of the living.
- "In the west of Forochel, between the Norsu grave-fields and the steaming sulfur-pools of Länsi-mâ, the stout Dwarf-fortress of Zigilgund protects Free Peoples from harsh winds and marauders. Here, Longbeards from the south have established traders and a Stable-master, and they have worked with fellow travellers to create a safe base between the hill-camp of Itä-mâ and the remote Lossoth outpost at the north end of Talvi-mûri. From here, swords can strike out against the Dourhands to the west and feral Gauredain to the east.
- "As one Zigilgund Dwarf puts it, “We Longbeards are allies with the Lossoth against the traitorous Dourhands. It has been tenuous, but helpful to our cause.”" — Hero's Guide
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Forochel|
|Settlements:||Kauppa-kohta • Kuru-leiri • Pynti-peldot • Sûri-kylä • Zigilgund|
|Areas:||Itä-mâ • Jä-kuru • Jä-rannit • Länsi-mâ • Talvi-mûri • Taur Orthon|
|Landmarks:||4th Dwarf Channel • 7th Dwarf Channel • 10th Dwarf Channel • Barad Gaurhoth • Bregmor's Den • Great Lodge of Sûri-kylä • Hammastus-pesä • Hylje-leiri • Icereave Mines • The Ironspan • Jotunstath • Jä-reitti • Jänis-leiri • Karhu-leiri • Kibilzahar • Kissa-sari • Korkea-järvi • Leijona-kotin • The Lonesome Stones • Metsästä-sija • Norsu-hauta • Norsu-leiri • Näky-kolo • Peikko Cave • Pynti-leiri • Reodh Fuil • Sâri-surma • Skirmish Camp • Tûli-mäit • Vesi-paistâ • Voi-teltta|