Yule Festival 2012
The Yule Festival 2012 is a continuation in the tradition of previous Yuletide Festivals with the main activity being the festival celebrations in Frostbluff. This year introduced many changes regarding festival currency such as Yule Festival Tokens, Frostbluff Coins and festival race tokens converting to a single currency, Festival Tokens, and many of this year's mount and cosmetic rewards are gated behind deeds. In addition, all repeatable quests in Frostbluff now reset daily, though players have the option to reset the cooldown immediately at the cost of Festival Tickets.
Yule Festival 2012 began December 17, 2012, and ended on January 3, 2013.
- Bree-land - Festival Grounds
- Ered Luin - Thorin's Hall Inn
- Ered Luin - The Festival Garden
- Frostbluff - Accessible by Festival Stable-masters in Bree, Michel Delving, Frerin's Court and Celondim
- The Shire - The Party Tree
Main article: Winter-home
You are cordially invited to join our Yule Festival celebration in Winter-Home. We have many events to suit your taste, whether you like eating contests, snowball-fights, the theater, or simply helping folks around town.
General Festival Events
Main article: Dance of the Races
During all seasonal Festivals, Dance Leaders will teach characters up to eight special racial dances (two from each Race) by completing dance lessons. There is one Dance Leader located in each of the festival grounds of Thorin's Hall Inn and The Festival Garden in Ered Luin, The Party Tree in The Shire, and the Festival Grounds in Bree-land.
Dance lessons take place approximately every 20 minutes, and the quests are available for about 5 minutes before the dance begins. As of U17, the quest start times are:
- 0, 20 and 40 minutes of each hour in The Shire;
- 5, 28 and 45 minutes of each hour in Duillond;
- 10, 30 and 50 minutes of each hour at Thorin's Hall.
- 17, 35 and 55 minutes of each hour in Bree-Land.
When the Dance Leader starts, target the leader and follow their instructions using the commands /dance1, /dance2, or /dance3 as they instruct you. There time to perform each step decreases with the quest's progression.
At the end of the lesson, the Dance Leader returns to their original position and you are able to select your reward: either the first or second dance emote from that race. Complete the lessons again to learn all the dances!
Festival Horse Races
Main article: Festival Horse Races
Each festival brings exciting horses races to The Shire Race-track and the Bree-land Festival Grounds. By completing a race in time, players can win festival tokens which can be exchanged for festival rewards. Starting with Yule Festival 2012, you no longer must win a horse race to purchase exclusive festival mounts from Will Peartree at Hengstacer Farm. At the Anniversary Festival, festival mounts can also be purchased from Henry Peartree at the Bree Market Square
Beginning with Yule Festival 2012, Festival Horse Races no longer award special festival race tokens and are not necessary for obtaining festival mounts.
- All-Shire Run - The Shire, just north of the Shire Homesteads
- The Bree Derby - Bree-land at the Festival Grounds
A Bit of Drinking
The Inn League and The Ale Association are looking for a few good drinkers. Are you wishing to cause mischief at the smug inns of the realm or grant the wishes of those lonely drinkers who are simply in need of a good brew. Either way raise your mug and toast the festivities!
- An Invitation to the Festival - Bree, Celondim, Thorin's Hall, or Michel Delving
- The Yule Celebration of Winter-Home
- Yule Festival is Here!
- Yule Festival (Daily)
- A Charitable Spirit
- A Final Act
- Cold as Ice
- Empty Keg Emergency
- Filling the Field
- Making Mischief
- Moving Them Off
- Stuffing the Stuffed
- The Abominable Snow-beasts
- The Biggest Stomach of Them All
- Tidying Up
- Unwilling Firewood
- Yes Means Snow
- A Cool Reception
- A Monstrous Feast
- Consume Consumables: Piles of Fluffy Snow
- Consume Consumables: Grim Crystals
- Consume Consumables: Perfect Snowballs
- Consume Consumables: Snow-jars
- Consume Consumables: Frosty Beverage
- Frostbluff Flower-petals -- Tier 1
- Frostbluff Flower-petals -- Tier 2
- Frostbluff Flower-petals -- Tier 3
- Frostbluff Rotten Fruit -- Tier 1
- Frostbluff Rotten Fruit -- Tier 2
- Frostbluff Rotten Fruit -- Tier 3
- Honoured Yule-friend
- Raining Snowballs
- Star of the Show
- Such Generosity!
- The More the Merrier
- The More the Merrier (Tier 2)
- The More the Merrier (Tier 3)
Andy Brown (Winter-home)
Jeffrey Bloomer (Winter-home)
|Item to Receive||Items to Trade|
|Previous Yule Festival Steeds|
|20 Festival Tokens|
|20 Festival Tokens|
|The More the Merrier Steed|
|80 Festival Tokens||1 Golden Festival Token|
|The More the Merrier (Tier 3) War-steed|
|150 Festival Tokens||1 Golden Festival Token|
- Bag of Flower Petals.jpg
- Rotten Fruit.jpg
Spring Festival: 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016