|Farmer, Forester, Prospector|
| Cook, Jeweller, Metalsmith,|
| Crafting Guide,|
"As the name would suggest, the Weaponsmith is the primary source of melee weapons. Swords, daggers, and axes of all varieties are the Weaponsmith's purview, ranging from bronze training gear to mighty weapons of ancient design and great renown."
A hero without a weapon is ineffective against the forces of evil. A Weaponsmith can craft metal weapons using bronze, iron, and steel. These include axes and hatchets for throwing in ranged attacks as well as the melee weapons: maces, halberds, daggers, axes, swords, and greatswords. Weaponsmiths can also craft specialized burglar trick weapons like stun dust, marbles, and caltrops; shield-spikes for Guardians and Wardens; and many kinds of traps for Hunters.
A guide to attaining Weaponsmith Mastery.
- Smithing Hammer (e.g., Bronze Smithing Hammer)
- Forge (for Apprentice, Journeyman, and Expert tier recipes)
- Superior Forge (required for Artisan, Master and Supreme tier recipes, and can also be used when crafting items from lower tier recipes. See its article for locations.)
A list of all component items that are used to craft Weaponsmith recipes: Weaponsmith Components
Weaponsmiths primarily use Metal ingots that are crafted by a Prospector. The Armsman vocation has both professions and will be able to mine, smelt and refine ore into usable ingots on his own. Historian vocation Weaponsmiths do not have this ability, and will always need to find a Prospector to supply ingots for smithing.
In addition to metal ingots, Weaponsmiths will also use:
- Metal moulds, wires, files, nails and bolts, and wooden shafts, which can be purchased from Novice and Expert Weaponcrafter NPCs and from Suppliers — notice that the title of the NPCs is Weaponcrafter.
- Gem shards: rare Drops from "named" Signature-difficulty villains or creatures
A complete list of recipe indexes by tier
A complete list of recipes listed alphabetically
An index of items that can be crafted using Weaponsmith recipes
Crafting Guilds are Reputation factions that grant advantages in recipe execution. Reputation is increased by bartering special crafted items. Membership in a Crafting Guild is exclusive - you may only be a member of one crafting guild at a time.
Weaponsmiths of all levels are eligible to join the Weaponsmith's Guild, but the guild recipes require Expert tier and above. To join a crafting guild one must first speak to a Master of Crafting Guilds, and they are always found in the vicinity of a guild hall and at many other locations. Then, travel to Ered Luin and speak with Guild Leader Cottar Tunnelly to continue the quest. The Weaponsmith's Guild Hall is located in the eastern wall of Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall.
-  Introduction to Weaponsmithy
-  Crafting: A Superior Forge (Weaponsmith)
-  Crafting: Artisan Weaponsmith - Grants Superior Forge Access and opens Master Expert Weaponsmith
-  Introduction: Weaponsmith's Guild
-  A Love of Arms
Using your Skills
-  Valuable Heart-wood rewards 10